1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Carmack outlines vision for a new Quake

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Jun 2011.

1. cypressgroove

cypressgroove What's a Dremel?

First 'true 3d' FPS? Well good people, that would be the oft-forgotten Rise of the Triad which I recall getting from dialling a BBS in the states just before the xmas of my 14th birthday (1994). It had 'true' 3d in that you could have rooms above/below other rooms as well as ELEVEN player multiplayer...

I recall being somewhat blown away by it at the time.

NB: Oh yeah I also remember it had the most EPIC god mode cheat of any game. Not only did you become invulnerable, but you could also float at will and shoot 'god-smiting-balls' which insta-gibbed any enemy.

2. Ghost_Bill

Ghost_Bill What's a Dremel?

LoL you're right

3. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

The original Quake is one of my all time favorite FPS', I did not enjoy any of the sequels aside from Q3A which had a great feel and would have been awesome if had a single player campaign.
    If ID goes back to the form of Quake, Q3A, Doom 1/2 and Wolfenstein the future is looking good.

4. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

Descent!!! this brings so many memories :) we used to play this on LAN for hours and hours, mixed with Duke 3D and one of the C&C games, until hub burned hehehehee

5. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

Doom was the first one of this kind for me, wolf was there but not quite there. I know Quake was first proper 3D but who doesn't remember these: IDKFA, IDDQD, IDCLIP?

Tags: Add Tags