1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Carphone Warehouse Shysters

Discussion in 'General' started by The_Crapman, 7 Feb 2020.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun. Staff

So I'm after a Pixel 4. Current provider (O2) do not offer it directly, so I have a look at carfraud warewhores website. Select pixel 4, 128gb, black, add in my existing phone for £85 trade-in, select a contract deal, skip extras, continue to basket, basket empty. Hmmmm

Select phone, select terrific, select case in extras, continue to basket, basket only has case in it.:rollingeyes:

Go back, select phone, select different "best seller" tariff, skip extras as I already have the case in basket, go to basket, it's just the case. AGAIN! :wallbash: :eyebrow:

So I start an online chat with Darren, Daryl? Someone, allegedly not a bot. Sonic tell them the problem, they don't seem concerned their website is ****ed, but they can help me and sort a deal out. Great. Offered 2 deals, online only deals (I'd mentioned about going into a store to sort the phone trade in), have a look around elsewhere quickly, crunch some numbers, take the more upfront, less monthly one for lower total cost.

"Oh I'm sorry, that's not available online anymore. I can get one of the team to call you" :duh::rollingeyes: Ok. Fine. Let's do this over the phone then. Give my full name and number. "Oh by the way, the callback will be in the next 48 hours".....

:blah: :blah: :blah::eyebrow: :nono:

Nope. No. No ****ing way. Shenanigans. SHENANIGANS!!! Is their website a sham, just to get people's details and get them on the phone or in store? Absolute ****ing bull **** waste of time.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

They're the same umbrella company as pissy world... is anyone really that surprised?

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Generally I've found the Currys/PCW lot be perfectly pleasant, shop there quite regularly on account of getting 10% off vouchers from Natwest, and can redeem funny money points anyway to get them.

In the spirit of the thread however, there was an occasion recently wen I entered a Currys to purchase an iPhone 11 fo Mrs_Tad. I went to the Carphone warehouse desk, because I was buying a phone, so why wouldn't I. Asked the nice man for an iPhone 11 128GB, which was on sale for £699 at the time. He rung it up... £779. I pointed out the issue... "Ah right, that's a Currys offer, you'll have to buy that from Currys" (remember I'm literally inside a Currys store, and CPW is part of Currys group). So... maybe go over and ring it up on Currys till then? He walks over to another till "Sorry mate, that's not in stock"... whilst he's literally holding the exact phone I want in his hand.

I left and ordered online.

4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

That sounds like a concession stock issue; while CPW and Currys have the same parent company, their tills will be stock controlled from a separate system - if the till in use doesn't show stock available, they can't sell a physical unit that doesn't exist w/o a 'stock transfer' being done first. A sh!tty state of affairs, but that's what retailing has become, seemingly... online sales have access to a wider source of stock (read the entire company, including bricks & mortar outlets) and Out Of Stock may be a simple as "we need to call it back from a physical shop; give us a day or two" rather than 'on the way from the manufacturer'.

5. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Although Car Phone Warehouse are owned by DSGi (or whatever they call themselves these days) they run two totally different stocking platforms. Curry's uses something call eclipse, and CPW uses something else that came out of the ark, from what I was told they are still using a 386/486 server for their stock control system. CPW can't actually transfer stock of their items to Currys and visa versa it would seem.

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun. Staff

Well I went into the store as I had to go to town. Want 45gb for £36pcm? Yeh that'll be £150 upfront. Want the original amount of £50 up front? That'll be £51pcm. Want to trade in your phone that we said we'd give you £85 for and you spent an hour getting everything off it this morning end ended up getting soaked cause it started raining? Yeh, sorry that'll only get you £20 cause it has a few marks on so is classed as damaged. When I said I found a deal online for 75gb, no upfront fee for £41pcm and can they match or do anything similar she just shrugged her shoulders and pointed at the screen.
    [​IMG]

GFYS carphone warewhores