1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Cars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Landy_Ed, 26 Oct 2011.

1. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Anyone seen this game for sale anywhere? BT staff heard any rumours?

Multiplatform launch on 22nd July, PC release apparently went out in the US but no UK release for PC (made it on all other platforms)

Not noticed any mention of the game at all, presumably because it's seen as a kiddies game, but it's genuinely very good on the DS & Wii, yet have seen no mention of UK (even though it's mentioned on the disney website as available for digital download, just without a valid link). I emailed them about it, & the response I got was a rather helpful "thanks for getting in touch, we'll pass your comments on to our marketing division". that was it...

2. Pieface

Pieface Well-Known Member

I didn't mind the first Cars game. A bit easy, but that would be expected.

3. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Cars 2 is a whole different ballgame. sure, it's character based to tie in with the movie, but the vehicle handling makes so much more sense now & there are weapons, team based play & battle arenas, head to head & in game powerups. There was little to drag me in with the previous titles, gameplay a bit too linear & clearly aimed at the younger player whereas Cars 2 seems to be pitched well enough that the younger player isn't over challenged in the easy mode but the hard mode is actually quite..well...hard! it's certainly enjoyable on the wii but I'd really like to see the PC version. Available in europe & americas, not UK. no fair.....

Tags: