1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Casdon 379 BACK ORDER SUCKS! Feb 26, 2008

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jhanlon303, 29 Jan 2008.

1. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Thanks Bill. The only rule I can find in any of these logs is "Have Fun"
    John

2. zwiks

zwiks My avatar: :D

Loooking awesome !! damn !

3. jhanlon303

Final Parts Ordered

OK. The final parts have been ordered for the Casdon, acrylic, wire sleeving, 4" CCFL, New 120mm slim fan. I can't wait. My next project got me up at 3 AM today. I figured out what was holding me up. I will start the project log for it soon. Until my parts get here - a teaser:
    [​IMG]
    John

4. jhanlon303

I forgot :wallbash:. Someone on the planet wanted to know the dimensions of the washer. Here goes:
    [​IMG]

It's exactly 300 mm tall with it's little rubber feet. It's 215 mm wide and 235mm deep including the opening door.
    I am not sure where these cans came from :hehe: but here is a picture for scale:
    [​IMG]
    Should be back into the washer project in 3 to 5 days according to the United States Post Office.
    John

5. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

Huh John - this beer mesurement is perfect!! who cares about inches and centimeters :p beer can is beer can, and always will be... BTW this idea with washing machine is nice, i would add some water and boubles in front door of it(but this is just my perspective).
    Teaser... If it be easy to get an apple g4 case aftes "crash test" for few coins in Poland ... i would buy one for sure :D

6. jhanlon303

Thanks for the comments. They are actually G5 cases - close enough. 1 is actually brand new from Apple and got dropped off a truck "in the box". All the little interior pieces - plastic shield, wiring harnesses, HDD racks, fan grills in back, everything. Very pretty but not real durable.

Off topic; What part of Poland are you from? My company is owned by ADB and has engineering offices and manufacturing offices there.

John

7. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

Mainly Wroclaw(studies) south and Kalisz(hometown) something about central Poland . G5 yeah close on keyboard, my fault. Greetz

8. jhanlon303

We have some of your countrymen on-site now. I will see where they are from.
    Best.
    John

9. jhanlon303

Some of my stuff came Saturday. I got more shrinkwrap than I will likely ever use. Another batch of 5mm plexi. What I haven't gotten is the Molex tool to take off the connectors for adding the shrink wrap. I am waiting on the 4" CCFL lighting and some other stuff and now Mon. is a Postal Holiday! Arghh!!!!!
    John

10. jhanlon303

Tuesday and no Molex tool kit (back ordered) and no CCFL! Anybody know a simple way to remove molex for shrink wrapping? ARGHH!!!!! Any body know where to get a molex tool in Denver or a place to get them removed? I have lots of PSUs laying around so I'm not worried about getting the pins back right. I had this same problem with my MicroFly and ended up with the black electrician tape ghetto route. Nobody has seen it yet so I am safe from laughter. My wife is after me to "get back to the cute washing machine".
    John

11. RaptorLord

RaptorLord What's a Dremel?

Yes, look inside the connection end of the molex at the pins or tails (whichever end we're talking here) - the should be a little tab of metal sticking out from it somewhere along the outside of it facing towards the wiring end of the molex plug. Use a very small screwdrive or xacto knife to push that little tab down and pull the wire out of the plastic one it's flush with the pin. When you go to put it back together, just bend the tab slightly so it's protruding again and push it back in.

Good luck - PM me if after looking at a molex this still doesn't make sense.

12. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

A proper tool that makes it so much easier than using a screwdriver can be found here, among many other places online. Cheap and definitely worth it IMHO.

13. jhanlon303

1 Molex tool arrived in the mail

Well I got one Molex tool but it only fits the power for optical and HDD - no motherboard, no P4 connector.:waah:
    I'm at the point of ordering elsewhere and doing overnight. My lady wife likes the washer and wants it done!
    John

14. NZ_mod_man

NZ_mod_man What's a Dremel?

WOW! can't wait to see this done. :thumb:

15. barry99705

barry99705 sudo rm -Rf /

This is probably a little too late, but after seeing that clear tank beside the washer, if you do the water cooling thing, you should make the water tank look like a water heater.

16. jhanlon303

I'm actually coming back to modding slowly. Had a health setback and am learning my limits slowly. Cutting some pieces for Sacrilege today as a matter of fact. The H2O heater idea is cool. Could mod it into small speaker housing. Thanks for looking and the idea.
    John