1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Case with Cable Management?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Treacles, 18 Jun 2011.

1. Treacles

Treacles Member

After building my first computer with a pretty cheap but kinda good looking Case, i've realised that the inclusion of a window isnt that great of an idea if there are no cable managing functions in the case as it just looks messy through the window... So basically im asking what your recomendations for a gaming case are, that have the motherboard tray bought forward for the cables to go behind and with a decent looking window.

My current case is: http://www.cclonline.com/images/avante/CAS1255_Product Image.jpg

Im not likely to be buying this anytime soon but wanted to get an idea of it now :)

2. Sponge12349

Sponge12349 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ︵ ┻━┻

Whats your budget?

3. Kanester

Kanester Quake God.

I was looking to buy a cheap case but people on here advised me to buy a better standard of one. I'm so glad I did, I went for the Coolermaster HAF 192. The amount of thought gone into every little detail is amazing. Cost me £60 But well worth the money, Easy cable management and click to install HDD's and DVD drives.

Haven't used any other case so I couldn't recommend anything else. Good Luck. :rock:

4. Treacles

Treacles Member

I'd probably go up to about £100 if i had the money and didnt need it for much else

5. Sponge12349

Does it have to have a window?

6. Treacles

Treacles Member

I'd prefer one with a window, but without's fine i guess ;D

7. Sponge12349

This is what I can think of off the top of my head, I would strongly reccomend the R3 because it is so quiet. However, pick what you like the look of and stick to good brands like coolermaster or antec.

No window;
    ~£40 - Antec 100
    ~£60 - Xigmatek Utgard
    ~£70 - Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced
    ~£80 - Fractal R3

Window;
    ~£33 - Coolermaster Elite 430
    ~£70 - Coolermaster CM 690 Pure Black

8. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

For cheap you just can't beat the NZXT Beta Evo at £35 - this is how mine looked last year when I first set it up. Holes everywhere for cables, and with a windowed side panel you would see virtually no cables at all.

I have since made my own windowed side panel and I'm really happy with the case.

[​IMG]

9. Treacles

Treacles Member

I think what i'd probably go for is a Fractal R3 and then look into making my own window which i've seen a few times around the web ;D i know that'll take away from some of the Sound Reduction but my machines not that powerful that it'll require alot of fans to be running at high speeds anyway...

Although the NZXT case you just posted looks pretty decent :O Is there a front mounted fan in that thing?

10. rayson

rayson Damn sure it was legal

fractal r3 is a great choice

11. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Yep it has a silent 120mm fan in the front, and space for another 120mm at the back and two 120mm or 140mm at the top. There is also space for two 120/140mm side panel fans, but not if you want to make a window there.

When I was shopping for a case I watched a couple of youtube videos of the NZXT Beta Evo and that was all the convincing I needed... it's just an amazing case for the money. Easily the same build quality as my Antec 900, which cost more than twice as much.

12. Treacles

Treacles Member

Have you by chance got a picture of it with your window mod? And if i really needed those two fan slots i could always just make a smaller window mod and use only the right half of the side panel.

13. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Yeah sure - I'm kinda in the middle of a modding project so it's not as tidy inside as I like, but this is how it looks at the moment:

[​IMG]

14. NeilJM

NeilJM New Member

K62 is also in your budget and very tidy.

15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

agreed, also available with windows and has decent cable management options

16. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

Check out the BitFenix Shonobi. Not a big case, but it does have good cable management.