1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Casio CMV54NT04P 5" LCD....HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Skidogg77, 1 Oct 2004.

1. Skidogg77

Skidogg77 What's a Dremel?

Hey,

I am going to try this one more time. Can anyone help me with information of the 10-pin connection on the back of this LCD. I have a mod for connecting it to a VGA card, but need to know the RED, Green and Blue inputs as well as the +5v and C-Sync. There are a couple other PCB circuits that came with this LCD. Its from a Intec PSOne LCD. I have traced the all the PCB's and dtermined that the Composit video passes right thru the extra PCB without being split into RGB and C-Sync. Here are a couple of pics of the PCB and the LCD panel.

Here is the only reference to the LCD that I have found on the net:

[​IMG]

Here is on of the PCB's that currently plugs into the LCD panel:

[​IMG]

Here is the PCB that plugs into the socket on the right in the pic above:

[​IMG]

And this is the PCB that takes the input from the PSOne and outside video:

[​IMG]

Please help, if I can get the pin outs or know where I can hook up my connections to, I plan on modding an old CD-Rom drive with spring hindges to make a motorized LCD display. One could either install this in a single drive bay or there car. I promise to document everything. Thanks again.

2. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

You are such a copy cat, how did you read my mind!?!?! Lol j/k, funny thing is i'm doing the same thing (cdrom drive and spring loaded hinges) with a CASIO LCD pulled from a Interact Gamecube, only problem is that it has a burnt out transistor on the controller board, sorry can't help you out, just had to post since its the same exact idea as mine,lol. but GL to you.

3. aokman

aokman What's a Dremel?

You are just the person i have been looking for :)

I have a Sharp LM6Q401 LCD which is aparently the same as yours, actually they look almost the same aswell except mine is without that extra board, mine has a different board for GAMECUBE to take RCA in but the quality is shocking ;)

i got a schematic from here

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=c.../~char/200212/lcd/spec/lm6q401/+lm6q401&hl=en

Please let me know how you go aswell :) all the inputs are there for VGA but i am yet to figure out how to get XP to detect the display as there :(

4. Skidogg77

Skidogg77 What's a Dremel?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I knew if I kept asking I would get the information that I need. First off, how are you using this LCD mod and what for. Is it going to be used as a second monitor that pops out of your tower? Or as a main monitor, like me, that could be used in a car install? I have all the information for making a C-Sync circuit using the H-Sync and V-Sync from the VGA card output. Then using PowerStrip you can use a custom Arcade resolution (640x480i). I have also seen a dumbie plug to fake the VGA card from thinking there is a monitor attached, when using a TVout. I don't know if I am helping or not, but lets discuss this further. PM me if you want, it sounds like we can help each other out a great deal. I will try and continue to check this thread.

5. aokman

aokman What's a Dremel?

PM Coming your way :)

6. ElCheM0

ElCheM0 What's a Dremel?

cable problem

hi i have a gamecube intec display and the thae cable terminal is messed any one can bring me the color order? i tryed the standar color code with the pinout of the sharp display but it dont work tanks.

7. Chevy4Life

Chevy4Life What's a Dremel?

ok i have gamecube intect display and desperatly need a schematic or pic of the wiring on the back of the lcd cuz i have no clue of which wire goes where and really need this thing to work