1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Cathode

Discussion in 'Modding' started by omicron, 21 Jun 2005.

1. omicron

omicron Baud.

Well, I just snapped a cold cathode in half and sent shards of glass flying through the air. I suppose I can expect some strange side-effects to begin right about now :worried:. It got stuck in the front of my case and being the idiot that I am, I decided to yank it out. I had to go fishing for the other half of the cathode tube beneath the sofa :wallbash:.

So, what's inside a CC?

2. Jhonbus

Jhonbus What's a Dremel?

Don't worry, they're only powered by cyanide and plutonium.

Why do they have to make these things so fragile? I started off with FOUR in my case and only one is still in one piece!

3. omicron

omicron Baud.

Funnelly enough, the acrylic tube was fine and is still in one piece. It was just the glass that snapped inside, heh.

4. Ghlargh

Ghlargh What's a Dremel?

Why do they have to make some people so clumsy? :D
    I have 5, and none has broken.

I would immagine that the phosphor inside CCFLs isn't too different from normal flourecent tubes, meaning it contains lead and some other nice things.

5. g0th

g0th What's a Dremel?

I don't think the phosphor contains lead or anything like that, but, like any fluroescent tube, it contains low pressure mercury vapor, but the actual quantity would be tiny and not dangerous.