1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cause of death: StarCraft

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 10 Aug 2005.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

2. Guest-6374

Guest-6374 Guest

North American gamers don't die because of video games.

We do, on the other hand, go to jail, sue, lose spouses and children, get fat, lose jobs, and ruin lives. We also get married online.

Frankly, I'm not sure which is worse.

3. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

So true...so true...at the very least, they just get hung up on PLAYING the GAME itself. I think a lot of NA gamers lose themselves INTO the game.

4. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

I know - why doesn't his family sue Blizzard for making a game that is clearly too addictive and dangerous to one's health? :rolleyes:

MODERATION people - there almost isn't anything that won't kill you if you have too much of it!

5. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

He also quit his job to play more games :eyebrow:

6. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

D'ya see what he did there? did ya? :D

Never has Jonathan Wendell's alter ego seemed more apt. Who thought pro gamers were taking their lives in their hands? I vote for pro gaming to be reclassified as an eXtreme sport!

7. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

My Health Insurance no longer covers Half Life 2 :waah: Apparently if I have a heart attack playing F.E.A.R., the hospital bill is on me!! :duh:

8. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

I want to know what he actually died of. It wasn't too little sleep, people have gone for longer than that without it. It wasn't lack of nature calls, not lack of food. The only thing that could have killed him that quick would be dehydration and how long does it take to get a drink in an internet cafe?! It really staggers the mind. Then again they say when you die in the matrix the body dies too. Maybe he was so engrossed that he actually became part of the game, and when he was defeated... :worried:

9. lepre

lepre Minimodder

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

10. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

I thought he died of a heart attack...

11. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Wasn't there something a few years back about some american kid dying from playing too much Counterstrike?

12. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

En Taro Adun!

Maybe he was playing the protoss?

"My life for Aiur!"

:worried:

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

There are stories like this all the time, and I've noticed most of them are based on Blizzard games (and indeed, often the somewhat older ones at that). I dunno how true most of them are; I'd have to question this one too.

14. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Starcraft is good, but not THAT good :hehe:

15. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Yes. That's what the words too much mean.

Really. How much self control does it actually take to look after yourself? I have yet to find any game that is soooooooo good that I will put on hold things to the point of death (or even severe discomfort for that matter).

16. there are some strange people out there...

it's probably safer to join america's army compared to getting addicted to the game and not eating/drinking/sleeping enough

17. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

hmmm...thanks for that, charl3s. Though I agree with you to a point, a little bit gratuitous and insensitive (as well as completely off-topic), no? I'm not one who offends easily, and that put a hair up on my neck. I remind you there ARE some of us americans on the forums, and at the moment that's not as much a joking matter when tossed so callously.

Sorry to all the rest of you for the thread hijack. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Last edited: 11 Aug 2005
  18. HilRam

HilRam What's a Dremel?

Well, I must confess that in my younger days, I once sat 12hrs straight in front of a computer playing Civilization. Without going to the bathroom, eating or drinking...

Dehydration/exhaustion must have been the case.

By the way, it is not many years ago that a man died from the Soccer World Championship - that is he stayed up at night to watch all the matches. -And then went to work in the day. He didn't miss a single match until the quarterfinals. Then he died. He too was asian, but I do not know the country.

19. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

I think I read somewhere that "in the olden times" a chinease emperor had to ban people from playing mahjong because people where just sitting around playing it all day and nothing was getting done.

Or did I dream that?

20. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Tbh, neither would surprise me. ;)

Tags: Add Tags