1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding CCFLs £7.99 at maplin! save £5!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Guest-16, 2 Mar 2003.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

N50A bloo
    N51A uv
    N52A green
    N53A red
    N54A white!

2. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

EVEN UV? are you sure?

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's what it says in my new catalouge!?! I think it mebbe just a new store opening offer though looking at it now :( sorry

want a piccy?

4. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

Why the hell not, i'm about to buy 2 UV cold cathodes for a litrle project of mine, more info soon.

5. ChriX

ChriX ^

They've been £7.99 for a while have they not? If not that mustve been the last sale. Anyway, don't bother trying mail order...

/me looks over at the stack of 12 broken cathodes :grr:

6. SJP

SJP Member

I've got 5 Maplin CC's, three working, two broken (so I've got two spare inverters!)

If you 'phone them, and explain the fragile nature of the CC's, then they pack them well.

7. chambochae

chambochae New Member

This offer has finished in my local store :grr: just went down there last weekend and saw them back up at 12.99. And i only bought one while they were 7.99 :(

8. ChriX

ChriX ^

lol yeah right, the only extra packing I got was an extra layer of bubble wrap. :rolleyes:

9. Nexxo

Nexxo Queue Jumper

Those Maplin CCFL's are good, I got some from the local store. But they have no acrylic housing around the tubes and no housing for the inverter; they are bare bones only.

If you go to exabytesystems.com however, you can get the whole enchilada: acrylic sheethet tubes, inverter in aluminium housing, for practically the same price! Cheapest ever! Great price! Go look now! I sound like Japanese commercial! :D No really, you HAVE to look!

Oh, and they cater for both US and UK; they even have a thingummy that recalculates prices in the prefered currencey on-line. :clap:

10. Boggy

Boggy New Member

can i buy ur inverters off you please??? ;)
    i ahve the tubes and hodered inverters but mappers cant find a store wit any now :(