1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning CD/DVD Replication machine

Discussion in 'Modding' started by sparkyboy22, 18 Nov 2010.

1. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

We really need a machine to create demo disks at work. We will not be making huge runs so autoloading etc is really not important.

I am thinking of building a machine because it will be far more interesting.

So, HELP!

What would i need mobo, cpu, ram, power and expansioncard wise to cope with 10 (or more) cd/dvd writers.

Any ideas on free software to do the job?

Thanks for your help.

2. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

Just for reference software wise, I dont mind if it will only burn from an iso rather than directly copying a disk.

3. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

Been looking at this all afternoon and it seems that a controller bay does all the work so I wont need as much kit.

Any ideas on a case with 13 optical drive bays and a power supply that will cope with running 12 optical drives (with enough connectors of course!) plus a bit extra for the controller?

Mods if its better suited could you move this to the hardware forum please.

4. christianw

christianw What's a Dremel?

5. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

There are loads of machines available to do this kinda of thing. We have two at work one DVD and one for cd. Think it was around £250 for the DVD one including drives, pay etc