1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Cell phone reprogramming

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dad, 22 Feb 2005.

1. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Can anyone give me a heads up on how to reprogram my Motorola V600? I want to change the external display message when in use and change the function of one of the buttons. I have the USB cable, driver and a bunch of software, but I'[m not exactly sure where to start...

2. The Savior

The Savior What's a Dremel?

www.cellphonehacks.com has many informative posts about, well, cell phone hacking. It would be a great place to look.

3. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Actually, figured it out -- I was getting tired of the AT&T logo all over the place and having a soft key mapped to a function I don't use. I was able to change the outside display to read "Jamie's Phone" when open, boosted the earpiece volume and changed the soft key mapping.. Still digging into the code :D

4. Coutsos

Coutsos What's a Dremel?

Sounds cool. Do you have any other links to share on the topic of cellphone reprogramming? Cellphonehacks.com just seems full of people trying to unlock their phones or asking how to get free internet or other stuff. Nothing really interesting.

5. A[L]C

A[L]C What's a Dremel?

mmm how do i reprogram my D500 so the middle button brings up the menu instead of WAP?

6. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Hey Dad...I just got a Motorola v220. And I just ordered myself a USB data cable off ebay (why they had to make the plug on the phone different from my digital camera I'll never understand). Anyway...I have a bunch of software and some drivers ready to install when I get my data cable. So I may be coming back in here and hitting you up for some tips if'n you don't mind. :D

7. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

No prob... I've got my V600 pretty much all figured out now - I kind of assume that the V220 is at least similar...

8. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

Ooh glad I found this thread- I have a v500 coming in a few days ready to flash to a v550 so i can record videos. May well be asking for help!

9. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Yeah apparently my v220 is a lot like your v600. Even in one guide I found for mobile phonetools it said to tell the program that the v220 was a v600 so it would work.

I removed the Cingular text from the main screen, changed the text on the lcd when the phone is open. It says, "Bite me!" for now. I'll come up with something better eventually. :D And I've cleaned off some of the crap wallpapers and ringtones that came on the phone. And I've set up my own wallpaper and made my own ringtone from the muppet's Mahna Mahna song. :baby:

Next up is changing the startup and shutdown animations. I just need to find something that I like. And I'd like to play with setting up my own color scheme. I just need to play around with it a little more. :thumb:

10. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Dad, how did you remap the softkey? Was it in a SEEM file or somewhere else? I'm wanting to remap one as well, and so far I'm not having any luck finding any information on it. :waah:

11. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

12. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

scratch that i just found the best software so far.

its called motokit, google it. its in chineese but some common sense on the toolbars lets you cahnge it once youve installed it

13. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Yeah I have been using Motokit for some things....p2k style for others, p2k manager for others, etc., etc. :)

I have discovered that on the v180 and v220, you can remove the carrier logo from the main screen by editing some SEEMs, just like you can for other vxxx models. However, it will screw up your 5-way function button. So I had to get a little creative.

I created myself a new wallpaper...it's a blue dragon with a black background. Then using p2kStyle, I created a new color theme. I set the main text, main text when selected, and main text outline all to black. Then I made the carrier logo left justified. And voila! No more carrier logo and I got back my 5 way function key.

So far I have edited my outter lcd text, created and uploaded my own mp3 ringtones, new wallpaper, new color scheme, new wakeup and shutdown gifs, and I have deleted a bunch of unnecessary sound files and pictures. I still want to create a good start up and shutdown sound. I've done most of that with just xvi32 and p2kMan.

It's a shame you can't remove the very first HelloMoto flower gif. It is apparently coded into the BIOS of the phone. It may be able to be changed with a flash, but no one has been able to decode the flash files to find out where the image is yet. So in the meantime, I just made it so that my wakeup gif starts with that and ends where I want it. :D