1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics CES - Intel misleads audience with their new graphic solution as always (video)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GoodBytes, 10 Jan 2012.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

At Intel CES press conference, they showed with great excitement, the power of their Ivy Bridge graphic solution, by playing a racing game with impressive visuals, and "DirectX 11" support.

Wow, did Intel just made a graphic card solution that isn't 6-8 years behind the competition? Did Intel FINALLY build a real graphic card, and not a slob attempt to one, that uses the CPU intensively for assistance, with specialized optimized drivers for specific current games to show impressive benchmarks (and cheating by not drawing stuff in games), and of course, let go driver optimization as soon as reviews are out. Where people quickly notice that the Intel graphic solution can't do much in term of gaming, and it was all deceptive?

Well...

Guess not. Still crappy and deceptive as ever.

Intel, if you are going to try to deceive people, as you always do with your graphic solution, then at least put effort into it. Like I don't know... make a program that starts the video when he presses on a button on the controls, instead of having a person click Play button on VLC.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2012
  2. Farting Bob

Farting Bob New Member

Nobody wants to play games on an IGP. IGP is there to provide you with your GUI and watching media files without having to buy a discrete GPU. Then AMD decided that it better try and make a decent IGP to make up for spending all its money on ATI, so now Intel has to try and pretend that an IGP will ever be a good solution for gaming on, when it fact it should not be.

3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I like how he walks away with the car still driving itself lol

4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

"Driving it from backstage"
    Right.. Quick thinking there, buddy. :rolleyes:

You'd think someone there would've told them to at least press spacebar or something instead to start the video in VLC?
    Morons.

Their approach to graphics is holding the entire PC platform back.
    If Intel's integrated graphics solutions weren't so ****ing terrible the whole platform would benefit from having a better baseline standard to work from and a smaller divide between the average shitty Dell/HP/Toshiba/noname prebuilt machines and a machine with a discrete GPU; which would in turn make things a lot easier for developers and maybe even put some extra pressure on the wider industry to stop pandering to Xbox360-era graphics.

But no, instead we get saddled with this ********. Thanks Intel.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2012
  5. Rustypouch

Rustypouch New Member

Is that not the guy out of the Truman Show? Makes sense now is guess

[​IMG]

6. 3lusive

3lusive New Member

I cant believe Intel would be so embarrassingly unprofessional and facepalm-inducing. Wow.

7. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

This is actually pretty shockingly poor form.

8. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

9. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Just... Wow.

10. mikeyman198

mikeyman198 Lets pretend this is hilarious.

11. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

-_-
    Why Intel, why?

12. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

this makes a change

13. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

They're not serious, are they? I mean, it's ****ing INTEL, they make eleventy-twelve gazilion monies a week, and they come up with THIS?

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Did that... did he just... are they... Whaaaaat?

15. Deders

Deders Well-Known Member

The cpu/igp couldn't even start the video in time

16. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

lol so true.
    I guess it's still not 1080p ready (OUR definition of ready)

17. Rustypouch

Rustypouch New Member

I suppose this shows how desperate Intel are trying to branch out into other technology's. They may have the throne in the consumer CPU market, but they are making a hash of things in a lot of other areas. Arguably, their Ultrabook concept has not been as great a success as they had expected. This just validates they are a good bit behind AMD/ATi and Nvidia in the graphics side of things as well. I believe they also have something in the pipeline for ARM (and Tegra I suppose), an attack on the mobile platform. Maybe the competition is what they thrive on. Good to see them sh!t the bed once in a while though. There is a fine line between cocky and confident as they say...Intel.

18. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

They should stick to do what they do best. Put more effort in building CPU rather than cheap graphics solution. If I want cheap graphics I'll get xbox. I'm not knocking xbox users but I'm just saying

19. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I can't even laugh at that. I'm more upset at this then I am that Walmart wouldn't pricematch some oil for me.

20. MSHunter

MSHunter Well-Known Member

You mean stealing from Nvidia and then denying them a x68 license? The entire Icore IGP is base on tech they got from their prior relationship with Nvidia. Remember Nvidia used to make motherboard ship sets?