1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics CF Reader/writer problem

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sunny-D, 30 Oct 2004.

1. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

ok, today i was about to upload some pictures to my computer with my protable cf card reader, and nothing happened. the light didnt go on, win 98 didnt recognize it, nothing. ive already installed the drivers and everything, and it worked this morning. im starting to freak out. it most likely wouldnt be worth it to ship it back to newegg, but imna check on it anyways. any suggestions/known problems with win 98? the card reader in question is
    the heisei cf reader/writer for usb 2.0. thanks in advance - Sunny-D

Last edited: 30 Oct 2004
  2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

did it work before? and if so, reboot and try it on a different port/header.

3. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

it appears that all my onboard usb ports are dead, so i installed my old usb 2.0 card from my newer yet dead computer, and it works. cept the card reader is still a bit weird. when it doesnt work, i give it 20 mins, plug it bak in, and it works again.

4. emj1s

emj1s What's a Dremel?

it must be a 2.0 port, it will NOT work in a 1.1 port. If that ehelps, but you prolly already know that.

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Off-topic, but are you allowed a sig that big?! :worried:

<A88>