1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Chaintech to return to motherboard manufacturing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 7 Jun 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt New Member

2. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

If chaintech can come back then maybe DFI can return to the consumer market!

3. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

and ABit? There weren't many better board out there back then. Asus (ROG specifically) and Gigabyte have just simply stepped into their "dead-mans-shoes"

4. David

David RIP Tel

Bear in mind full-fat mobos have more than doubled in price since they left the market - They must have gotten a whiff of the money.

5. duc

duc New Member

I can still remember the joy unbundling all the goodies supplied with the Chaintech Zenith 7NJS.

6. NethLyn

NethLyn Member

Excellent news and here's hoping they support AMD as well, they had a great spread of choice and quality across both sockets back in the day.

7. dire_wolf

dire_wolf Last Of The Dovakhiin

Chaintech, that name rings a bell, I had one of their boards years ago, i remember it had a black PCB and all the fittings were the blingiest gold you've ever seen but I thought it looked cool at the time :)

@Tattysnuc - now Abit should make a comeback, their stuff was amazing before they went silly with all the tat

8. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

+1 for Abit

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Currently Rebuilding

Man, if Chaintech comes back I'll return to all Chaintech boards. I REALLY enjoyed both the boards and the excellent support. I had mostly Chaintech all the way up to the first 939 boards, then they mostly left the market. It sucked.

10. MoriartyVM

MoriartyVM New Member

MSI also stepped up to fill others shoes, Asrock are joining the big boys and even the likes of ECS are releasing good boards for the enthusiast is the market now not a bit saturated with all the big boys releasing motherboards in a variety of flavours that are just a step up with in the same chipset release . Where can the new or returning manufacturers break into the market?
    Maybe looking where others fail and perfecting competitors designs with the ideas of the user implemented, how many good boards would be great if only this or that was changed?
    Also I hope they rejoin the GPU market too then as being as much into aesthetics as performance I like having matching kit!

I still have a fully functioning Chaintech Zenith 7NJS complete with a matching Gold nVidia graphics card which I think is a Ti200.

It was a great board at the time and stood out from the crowd, though getting it was a pita!

I had more trouble with Abit boards so wont use them and dont miss them.

Tags: Add Tags