1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Champs Elysees - lady crossing road

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by C0nKer, 22 Aug 2007.

1. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Here's a picture from my recent(and first ever) trip to European cities, which I hopped from London to Paris to Granada to London again before heading back home. This picture was taken while on a tour bus passing by Champs Elysees.

2. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

Ahh traffic in Paris... she probably stood there for 20 minutes waiting to pass... and then some gentleman from Austria stopped to let her pass, and got rear ended by a Peugeot.

3. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Nah, pedestrians have the right of way. She could have kept walking and people would have stopped.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Not in France. It's not compulsory

5. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Hrmm. Are you sure? I remember hearing that the residents of Paris agreed to give pedestrians the right-of-way instead of giving in to more street lights/signs.

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

They probably signed it, but I doubt the French would do it.

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Agreed. While in theory she has right of way, Paris is not a city where I would just walk out onto a road like that (especially not the champs elysees) and expect it all to halt. French drivers are only marginally less lethal than Italians in my experience, and Italians practically make a sport out of dangerous and reckless driving.

8. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

I found Italians to be fine. As long as the car is not less than about 20M away, you can step out and they'd stop. But I've only been to Garda and Verona so I dont know about Rome and other big cities, I guess it would be diffrent there.

Tags: