1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Change to an Antec 300 from an Antec Solo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trueno!, 3 May 2009.

?

Changing to an Antec 300

Poll closed 1 Aug 2009.
  1. Yes - Good Idea

45.5%
  2. No - Stick with the Antec Solo

54.5%
  1. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

I've been considering in changing my current case which is the Antec Solo to an Antec 300 case...

I just wanted some comments from others in what they think about this idea and whether if this would be a good idea...

Thanks for all the comments...

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I would definitely keep the SOLO, unless you have specific reasons to change. The SOLO is a much quieter case and also much less flashy (although that might be a reason for you to switch :)).

3. trueno!

The Change

My reason for changing my current case for an Antec 300 is for cooling purposes... In my current rig, I only have 1x 120mm and 2x 92mm case fans cooling my rig's innards, however, they don't cool 2 of my 6 HDD's that I have installed in my rig...

One of the reasons to change to a different case is to enable cooling of all the HDD's and getting cooling from 2x 120mm case fans instead of 2x 92mm case fans, which obviously helps towards reducing the noise output from these case fans... Another reason is with the 300, I would able to run every case fan that can be installed on minimal power to minimise noise output from these case fans and still keep my rig's innards cool or cooler than my current setup... plus, having 1x 140mm and 4x 120mm case fans in such small case just sounds awesome, which I feel gives me peace of mind also...

I have my pc under the desk, so the aesthetics is not really applicable anymore, as I rarely look it besides when I am tinkering with the innards of it...

Anymore thoughts?... ^_^

4. trueno!

Researching

I've been researching a bit more on the Antec Three Hundred and found (i.e. ex-displays and second-hand ebay for sale ones) pictures of the case with dents caused by sharp pressure against the case, and I have started to re-consider my choice to changing to this case... I am now wondering whether this case has the build strength to withstand normal pressure of 2 heels leaning on top of the case, can anyone comment on this please?

Cuz I have my current rig under the desk, my legs or foot heels are mostly lent on top of the case and I am concerned that if I do change to the 300 that when I come to put pressure on a particular spot on top of the case I would eventually start deforming the shape... Does anyone have one of these and can tell me whether the build strength is good enough to withstand normal body pressure?

Cheers.

5. Digitalize-

Digitalize- What's a Dremel?

I Would say the Top is pretty strong.

The Airflow through the 300 is amazing, i love this case.

6. trueno!

So what you're saying is that the thickness of the case is strong enough to withstand sharp pressure punched/pushing against its exterior but not too thick to make it too heavy?... I assume that was what you were thinking at the time of writing your post here... Still, I'm having doubts about the 300, anyone with more thoughts?...

7. trig

trig god's little mistake

not sure who is doing what to their case, but i have used it in 2 builds now and have no issues, nor had any issues reported to me after they received their pc. build quality is very good and unless your feet weigh 50 lbs and you slam them on it, it will be fine.

having said that, don't know that the extra cooling is worth the money to get a whole new case, and to "upgrade" to a 300 from a solo, but that's always a matter of opinion.

8. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i just leaned on the top of my 300 with all my weight (185lbs) thought one elbow. it didn't budge. there should be no problems just resting your feet on top of the case.

i'm not entirely sure it's worth it to upgrade from a solo, but the 300 is a very nice case. i'm quite happy with mine.

9. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

I'm always resting ontop of the 300 whilst installing new components/tweaking current ones....

The 300 is a brilliant case, airflow is also brill...
    However, I've had mine for a year now, and I've wanted to upgrade to a 900/902 for 6 months. If you don't mess around in your case much, its a brill case, however if you constantly change components, get a 902.

Cheers, James

10. IDave

IDave What's a Dremel?

I was going to buy a 300 for my new build. However after reading the reviews I decided to splash out on a 900 Two. I'm so glad I did, because it is truly awesome.

The cooling in it is unbelievable and it is so well built.

Plus it comes with three 120mm fans, and the big 200mm fan on the top.

By the time you have bought the 300 and the 2 fans for the front it's only about £20 more for the 900 Two.

Plus the 902 has far better cable management and more space inside too.

Make the right decision and buy a 900 Two.

;)

11. trueno!

I've just checked prices on the Antec 900 Two and found them to be twice as expensive (from ebuyer @ £99) as the Three Hundred and besides if I go for the 902, I still have to buy 2 case fans as well for it, because the 902 also has 2 free spaces for case fans to add to it... Therefore the price difference is gonna be far more than £20, more along the lines of £40-44 difference...

Last edited: 12 Jun 2009
Tags: