1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Changing resolution in VB

Discussion in 'Software' started by Crashmaster007, 15 Oct 2003.

1. Crashmaster007

Crashmaster007 What's a Dremel?

I go into my VB class and every now and then the student before me has changed the resolution, i asked the teacher he will not tell me, but he said it is done in vb. Does anybody know the visual basic code to change the resolution? this 800x600 is killing me.

2. kiltman

kiltman Victory is Mine!!

3. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Awesome if those work (will look tomorrow). v useful for the crappy 800x600 50Hz lab computers at uni. :(

Stupid how they can sort the RedHat boot to run at 75Hz and 1280x1024, but not the XP boot. :(

4. kiltman

i did try them right now but couldnt suss it out as my eyes are closing, but i'll have a go tomorrow, got some visual basic college work to finish anyways so it could be a nice trick to show the guys :)

edit: on the second link theres a download package at the end, this is a premade script that does what you want for you saving the trouble of "making it work"

Last edited: 16 Oct 2003
  5. Crashmaster007

Crashmaster007 What's a Dremel?

umm yeah i have less than 3 months vb, and only 3 45 min pds per week so could u please put that in english for me.

6. kiltman

check the second link i gave earlier, scroll down to the bottom and you will see "download", download that package, unzip it. you will then be able to find the project file along with the other files, all you need to do is run the project file and it will allow you to change the resolution.

if you dont want the bother of doing this all the time then once the project file is opened click file then make changeres.exe

and in the future you only have to load up that file

7. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Excellent, it worked. :)

Just need one to change the refresh rate now. :rolleyes:

8. kiltman

lol think this prog will be making a college debut :)