1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V cheap ear bud headphones?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bboy_Jon, 12 Jul 2006.

1. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

2. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

So you want the type that go into your ear canal? Sony make a half decent set, quite cheap, IIRC.

3. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya the ones that go into the ear, so they dont fall out

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I have a set that goes in the ear canal and all I can say is they are pretty uncomfortable imo. They also block out all the surrounding noise (which isnt good from a saftey aspect if you are cycling) and they really dont sound all that great either, they seem to lack top end and have too much mid/bass.
    Obviously at the end of the day its subjective but I would reccomend something more like a set of Seinheiser MX500's.

5. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Those ones that go into the ear are supposed to be quite bad for your ears. Sony do a pair for about £30 which are good if you can get past the discomfort!

6. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I got a pair of sony ones like the ones you like. They are great! Don't get cheap ones, they will fall to peices/crackle/have generally poor sound quality. Get good ones, they are super fantastic :D

7. RTT

RTT #parp

I have a set of the earbuds (EX71s or something) that everyone is talking about and i've no idea how you can say they're uncomforable - are you all using a sheath that's too big? :)

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Sounds likely. The EX71's or sony's newest version of the same thing are basicly your only option. Asking for cheap but good with headphones is like asking for black but white. It's quite hard to satisfy.

The EX71's(or 72's or whatever) are going to be a setup from the most basic of earphones, but that's about as far as it goes.

9. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

They aren't uncomfortable, but they do take a bit of getting used to.

10. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

I have a pair of the sony ones and they sound good but has anyone else found that the make your ears ichy and waxy?

Moriquendi

11. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

they feel fine to me, and they are better than the ones that dont go in, cuz those fall out like a biatch

12. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

If you stick anything in your ears it'll make them itchy or waxy hence the reason they aren't good for your ears.

Just spoke to a friend of mine who has the £30 sony earphones - he said they're good but has had to replace them 3 times in 2 years because the strain relief on the 3.5mm connector isn't good enough.

13. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I agree with biosniper i've got both the sens and the sonys. The sonys are a little too basy but they do block most of the noise, great for walking to work or working. But the sens sound fantastic especialy for the price.

14. JesterQ

JesterQ What's a Dremel?

these are brill.

KOSS Stereo In Ear Ear Plugs - The Spark Plug

Avalible at amazon ... I've got a pair and the sounds is brilliant, virtually no noise intrusion as all and very soft comfy fit. The bit that goes in the ear is made from that compress foam stuff (that ear plugs are made from), so you compact it - stick it in your ear and then it form's to fit any size.

15. JinkzUK

JinkzUK What's a Dremel?

Sony hands down, cost me about £25 (or £35?) from argos, most fantastical although the latex around the cord is weak and will perish in your pocket!

16. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

All of u lot are talking about Sony being good? are u lot mad?

Anyways my choice is Creative labs- EP630 £20 and they are rebadged Audio Technica ones i believe, These are much better than the Sony rivals.

17. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

I had the SONY EX-81 'phones. They are like the 71s but have a bit that go up and around our ear. They seemed quite comfortable, but were too quiet and blocked out surrounding noise too much. Plus the insulation on the cord all wore away and disintegrated, causing them to stop working.

_C

18. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

those koss's are cheap only 8 dollars

19. customh

customh conflagration.

Creative EP-630's are like the sonys only designed better. Id reccommend them highly. Best way is to search EP-630 on Amazon, best price anywhere.