1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Cheap / low power Physx card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PhoenixTank, 21 May 2010.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Did you watch the youtube vid on page 1 of these thread with physx on and off?
    I would say so.
    Also yes you do need your Ati card installed first.

Cheers,

Simon.

2. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

Thank you so much for clearing that up, as I dont play any of the games on this page I think I'll save my money until there are some that I do play.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I wasn't quoting I was getting a performance gain from Crysis with Physx enabled.
    I was stating that with my other 2 side monitors running on my 9800gt rather than on my 5970, it was giving me a performance increase.

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

To prove physx is working here's my before and after enabling physx.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

That's what I think too. I'm sure something will come along to make it worth while eventually though. Maybe Mafia 2? But if you can get an old nVidia card for about £35 then that's not bad. Although I don't have a spare PCI-E slot :(

6. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

It's definately not a must, nice to have the option of a hybrid system tho even for options such as two + monitors without a performance hit, hardware acceleration of video editing (have to try this yet but the nvidia gpu can be activated for this in catalyst), nvidia 3d vision on ur second monitor. I like the idea of having the best of both worlds, the ability to run physx and enhance games that use it. Thanks to fermi I picked up a gtx 280 for €100 which puts it in a price range that means it's not a massive outlay

7. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Can you run a nvidia card for physx and an ati card for graphics since sli is not required?