1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Cheap platform for Photoshop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jipa, 24 Oct 2013.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

My dad's desktop PC finally broke, and it's time to get him a new one. I came damn close to just telling him to go to the nearest super market and get one, but then thought I'd be the one to look after the PC, so I better know what makes it tick... Also the off the shelf stuff is likely to break down sooner, so I'd just end up in the same place. ANYWAY enough with the rambling.

The real task he uses his PC is Photoshop. Nothing crazy demanding, low budget, but either way I'd just like to get the best cheap CPU for Photoshop. That + suitable motherboard + memories + SSD for as little as possible, basically. His budget was around £500, going to be using old case, existing PSU and OS.

Budget: max ~500€

Main uses of intended build: Photoshop

Parts required: CPU, mobo, RAM, SSD

Previous build information (list details of parts): Antec 300, Antec 520, DVD-drive, storage HDDs

Monitor resolution: 1920x1200

Storage requirements: just the OS-SSD

Thanks. I should get the rig to him next week, so kinda sorta in a hurry here.

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I would grab a 1150 Pentium g3220, B85 motherboard, 8GB ddr3 1600 ram, samsung pro 128gb. Should be plenty for photoshop and under your budget.

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Meh got a touch carried away and ended up with i5-4330 etc.

Thanks anyway! :)