1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Cheap watercooling project

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tommy, 4 Aug 2002.

1. Tommy

Tommy What's a Dremel?

Im looking to put together a very cheap watercooling system, ill do anything to get everything cheap. :( poor student. So far i have a rad.

[​IMG]

I was wondering if anyone has links to where i can get the following items as cheaply as possible :)

a pump
    a water block
    gpu block
    tubing..

I picked the rad up for £10 out of a mini :D not sure if its any good comments ...

All help is appreciated.

Also anyone selling second hand water cooling equipment i'd be interested.

Catch me on msn on rand0m@btinternet.com if you want to chat about it :D

2. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

radiator looks interesting....that looks like an actually radiator to me....look in the fs/ft forums their should be some cheap stuff....are u lookin to cool amd or intel??

3. Tommy

Tommy What's a Dremel?

Im looking to cool an amd system ;)
    :D
    The rad is out of a mini from the breakers...oh what fun it was getting it out :S ....not

4. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

I was told previously that you could use the pumps for windscreen wiper fluid... Was never able to tell if that was bs or not...

For tubing, how 'bouts local hardware store?

How quickly do you need everything?

5. Tommy

Tommy What's a Dremel?

I don't need things instantly but i starting to collect all the bits i need. the case i want to put it in is a Lian Li PC 70 at the end of the summer when i have some money :p :)

6. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Welcome to the forums Tommy :) Well i would like to contribute to the "Help Tommy Get His Watercooling Project Done" fund..I have 2 maze2's for sale, send me an email if your interested :)

As far as pumps are concerned...Via Aqua's or Rio's are the cheapest around. Reliability is questionable, but i can't speak from experience. Good luck!

7. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

8. Tommy

Tommy What's a Dremel?

Cheers scopEDog, ive made a few posts before in the modding section under friend of mine m00mins name the dual psu one :) but i made my own name after that :) thx for the welcome loving it here already.

Ive never heard of that pump before, do you know where i can purchase it online ?

9. m00min

m00min What's a Dremel?

lian-li :waah: :waah: you scum bag tommy you know my opinions on those cases and you're far from poor, didn't i just give you £90 for a stereo ;)

10. Tommy

Tommy What's a Dremel?

dark ;) i have to say i like the lian li PC-70 even if its used by everyone and their dog. I need a new case a big one and those coolermaster ones you showed me the other day did look l33t. I got a new job btw :D

Anyone want to buy a fridge ?

11. m00min

m00min What's a Dremel?

The Coolermaster ATC 210 was it?

12. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

Hi Tommy,

The rad will work but you could do well better. Go for a heatercore out of a vauxhall, cheep will fit in your system and work very very well. Also cheep, mine was mint, bronze and cost £10.

www.aquatics-online.co.uk will be a good place for your pump as will an aquatics shop for your hosing. If you are looking for 1/2" get moomin to get in contact with me, got loads.

Tags: