1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cherry announces new budget mechanical keyboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 2 Apr 2013.

1. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

I don't really consider a £65 keyboard to be a 'budget' item, people do their weekly shopping for less, you are aware of this aren't you? The way you wrote the article was like it came straight from the marketing dept of Cherry...

2. pantalaimon

pantalaimon What's a Dremel?

Asda are selling SteelSeries 6GV2s for £50 but they appear to be sold out at the moment.

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I think the 6Gv2 is a slightly false economy, almost a mechanical for the sake if being a mechanical if you will and not a particularly well made or nice to type or game on. For less than £20 more you can get a much better keyboard for your money. I'd prefer a good rubber dome tbh ;)

Also I think MX blacks are a terrible choice for a first mech, but opinions are like arseholes and mine is no more valid than anyone else's.

4. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

If you need keycaps, PM me, I have most as spares. Can't help if the membrane has died though, I used my last one a year or so ago.

Tags: Add Tags