1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

China decides to oppress Muslims...

Discussion in 'Serious' started by modgodtanvir, 10 Sep 2008.

1. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

I'm sneaky like that.

2. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

TOS 01-05 w/ 2nd MEF 22nd MEU Afghan 04 oruzgan province (southwest of Kabul north of kandahar)-Iraq 05 Hit (west of baghdad south of hadithah). No I've never been to Russia.

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I tried, but I don't get it. Anyone care to explain?

4. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

@UrbanMarine
    That's intense! Flashpoints too, not just drinking rum at good ol Basra thats for sure. (no offense to the brits!)

@SpecofDust
    Meh, nvm I was just ****ing around.

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I think im moving to China, India should follow suit.

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Sorry, but i am offended! We drink Gin god dam it! Need i say even with are blood alcohol levels we still dont match the US's friendly fire percentage!

7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Are you loaded up on Gin at the moment, perchance?

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

^Who isn't? :D

9. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

you mean you're not?

I love threads like this, partially because you can predict the next argument before it happens. Its just a matter of who gets there first....

edit: at least until nexxo comes in and puts forward everyone's argument.

10. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

lol, I'm still waiting for the Nexxo bomb to be dropped ;)

As much as religion and its misinterpretations have caused many problems throughout the past, I don not believe it is correct to simply try and stamp it out. Thats like deciding a beautiful cathedral takes up too much potential real estate, so we should demolish it and build more of our current age tower blocks.

Respect to Urban Marine, for doing something I don't have the balls to do...

I don't think the oppression of any particular group because of their religion should be encouraged. There was once an Austrian gentleman who went by the name of Adolf who considered the eradication of one particular religious group to be acceptable, and personally, I see the same sort of tone being expressed here, except whereas before there were Brits and Americans and other allies to help the Jews, the hate for Islam is being actively encouraged by the western countries as well...

Thank God I live in a bloody amazing country where people can freely practice whatever faith they choose... (however much there are those who will suggest that it should be otherwise). On one hand we have radical Islamists who encourage the destruction of non-muslims, and on the other hand, we have atheists who encourage/ turn a blind eye to the oppression and persecution of Muslims and other religious people. The world would neither be better with religion, nor without. There are so many for whom the religion based morals are the basis for their society, that we cannot impose our tech-forum-atheism upon...

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

12. TheoGeo

This is the reason governments never mention a particular religion. Its left to the media and peoples minds to fill in the blanks and the word Islam or Muslim are usually the words inserted. Unfortunately they're sometimes substituted instead.

The truth is that every religion has extremists who believe they can justify murder using their beliefs. The only thing that makes Islam more prominent is that it has a lot of tradition that carries with it strict morals.

I could argue that the worst extremists in the world are actually christian extremists... so i will.

13. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I am loaded up on a 12yr old single malt scotch at the moment, only because my other half is in hospital and its another 16 hours until i can visit her again. I think its these topics that are the only thing keeping me together at the moment.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This thread is 5 star for political satire, and you're all being prodded and pulled but no one has yet blown up with a "**** YOU ALL, IM GOING HOME".

It's a good ready :thumb:

15. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

maybe we have learn't to fear the ban hammer, as bit-tech is addictive

16. TheoGeo

i got bored:
    [​IMG]

17. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Actually, the refrence was relevant to the content of the thread and did not compare another member to Hitler. I think the Godwin call should be overturned.

18. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I overrule your appeal :)

19. Cinnander

Cinnander What's a Dremel?

Seeing Islam getting no sympathy is like watching a train crash, you can't look away. I would certainly not go so far as to say it's right or just but... well, Islam is supposedly a 'religion of peace' but can't clean their own house, so this happens. I'll watch with sick fascination where this goes, I think, because China is just the sort of country to do this kind of thing with ruthless efficiency.

20. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

ROFL! :lol: It actually works...

Corrected. Islam never suggested that Muslims around the world should go around blowing themselves and others up. There is not a single verse in the Qu'ran which says 'Go and kill everyone who is not a Muslim'. In fact, there is far more violence in the Christian bible than there is in the Muslims Qu'ran. The problem here is development. What we do not realize is that people around the world are at different levels in developing their societies. It is not 'Islam' which cannot clean its own house, it is society in these medieval and developing countries, where they have yet to understand freedom as we have. If we step back to England or the USA a hundred or more years back, we'd probably see a similar sort of thing - but if we had taken an AK to everyones heads and started trying to kill them all off, we wouldn't have the developed and successful countries we see now...