1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Choosing my next PC - Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Moe Syzlack, 15 Aug 2010.

1. Moe Syzlack

Moe Syzlack New Member

I have posted elsewhere, but due to limited responses so far, I thought I would ask for additional feedback.
    I have looked at buying a PC and have the following in mind.

Core i5 750 CPU
    Asus P7P55D-E LX Motherboard with USB 3.0
    ATi Radeon 5850 1024MB Graphics Card
    Antec Three Hundred Case
    4GB Corsair PC3-10666 (1333MHz) DDR3 Memory
    24x Sony DVD-RW/CD-RW Optical Drive (Black)
    500GB Samsung SATA 7200rpm Hard Disk
    600W OCZ StealthXstream PSU
    Onboard High Definition Audio
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM
    2 Year Collect and Return Warranty
    LG W2261V 22" Widescreen Monitor
    Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse

for just over £1000
    This is my max budget, if I could spend less then that would be good.

However, I have looked at the top 5 £1K PCs for a magazine and I am unsure if they represent better value. Some help would be greatly appreciated, as I am fairly novice. Machine will be a gaming mostly. The top 2 of the top 5 are below:

Number 2: Eclipse Solar Crossfire i786r585, £999 inc VAT
    Number 1: Chillblast Fusion Centaur, £999 inc VAT

Alternatively someone has recommended the Novatech IRush Pro and LG Monitor which comes in a little cheaper but it comes with a 5770 GPU as standard!!!, all others are 5850's.

Please do not recommend building it myself, I have neither the ability, nor more importantly the time or interest in going down this route. I just want to assemble and get gaming straight away, I have a pile of shooters and strategy games, I have been unable to play due to the capability of my current PC.

Thanks, your assistance and guidance, it is very much appreciated.

Moe

2. Bakes182

Bakes182 New Member

The system you described is very very similar to one I built, main difference is I put an i7 in it. The overall price of mine was around the £800 mark. If you are looking for a all around system for some gaming the i5 will handle it, and as for the 5850, it has handled everything I have thrown at it exceptionally, the fact it comes with the peripherals and monitor seems like a huge bonus to me!

3. Nomad2k3

Nomad2k3 New Member

You could get the newer i5 760 as its slightly cheaper (only by a few ££) and is slightly faster at stock speeds.
    Also maybe some 1600Mhz memory for a little more headroom, if you want to overclock the cpu.
    On the mobo side a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 will enable Sli <-> CF if you want to go down that route (allways an option for a little future proofing).

Price differences aint that much either, maybe £10-20 more for these replacements?

Just a thought. :D