1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cigars, Humidors, Cutters, and Lighters

Discussion in 'General' started by Tec_, 18 Dec 2010.

1. Tec_

Tec_ New Member

well gang i gotta have a vice besides alcohol and speeding that's going to kill me and its cigars. I'm still a noob but this is what my gear is up to so far.

This is my first Humidor. it is nothing fancy but it gets the job done.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my second Humidor. A family friend of ours works at a church thrift store and she knows i smoke cigars. she told me that they got a few humidors in and i when down to check them out. this was the best looking of the bunch and it was for a good cause.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my third Humidor and of course i got it because it lights up. and i bought it with the last 14 cigars the shop had in it. the CAO visions are some of my fav's. the hygrometer and temp on the front are not accurate and there is no way of setting it. its a common issue with these humidors and i think its because of the fact that they spend as much time in the walk in Humidors as they do. humidity is not good for electronics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my forth Humidor was a gift from a friend of mine for my birthday. we both enjoy cigars and i got him a humidification system for his Humidor as a graduation gift (he was still using the florists foam and distilled water)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and for special occasions i have my 2 finger cigar holder. it is one of the coolest handmade carbon fiber holders. its no good for long term storage but it will keep the cigars safe on the way to ware ever im going to enjoy them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i use Xikar humidification pucks and Xikar Propylene Glycol Solution.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i have lots of cheep-o cutters but my Xikar cutter is one of best and sharpest blades i have.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and when it comes to lighters i also have one one Xikar and a Rocky Patel. The Rocky is a three flame and has a punch on the bottom.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as for the cigars i smoke my favs are Padron's in first, CAO Visions in second, and thirds would probably Illusione, Romeo y Julieta, or Hoyo de Monterrey (the Cuban and Hondurans).

my stocks are quite low right now but living in Minnesota and not willing to smoke in the house makes it quite hard to enjoy them right now. but nothing is better in the summer time than a beer or a glass or johnnie walker and a cigar.

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

That is some seriously posh smoking gear, especially the boxes. There's obviously a lot more to cigar smoking than I first thought.

3. woof82

woof82 New Member

That's quite a collection you've got there.

One thing I noticed about cigars is that they change a huge amount depending on the atmospheric conditions. When I was in Cuba I could buy a shitty cigar for about $0.05USD from an open window on the street and it would be better than any cigar I could buy in the UK for £20, even one that had been kept in a humidor. But if I left that cigar in an air conditioned room just for one night it would dry them out and they would be terrible.

So if you like cigars and you get the chance, go to a hot humid country where they grow the tobacco and smoke it right there. 100% humidity, 35 degrees C.

4. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Im not a cigar smoker but when I lived in Barcelona I was friends with the owner of a tobacco shop on La Rambla and he had dozens of hand crafted Humidors and I was always amazed at the workmanship that went into them. I actually had him make me a coffee chest (my vice) in the same style of my favourite humidor. The chest is at my mothers but I will take pictures next time I am over.

5. Tec_

Tec_ New Member

i would love to see that. the craftsmanship involved in humidors is incredible.