1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cisco and Apple reach iPhone agreement

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Feb 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. bigr5026

bigr5026 What's a Dremel?

I think they made a deal of they use there products in the macs / new wifi ipod possibly.

3. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I dont get it. So both Apple and Cisco can use the name Iphone for different products? How does that work? :eyebrow:

4. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

I think the term iPhone is not so much a name for a single product, more so a range of devices under the Apple/Cisco branding...

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Might be a perfect excuse for them to justify/raise the iPhone price by.. oh, another 50-100$ :hehe:

6. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

cisco probably made a killing off this.. they'll probably be able to get a lot more revenue from the interoperability with any of apple's products, than they would from selling the name to apple or forcing apple to change its name

7. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

There was some evidence to show that Cisco no longer had any rights over the iPhone brand. They breached some time limit regarding actual use of the name and by not using it, and then filing a dubious product with an 'iPhone' sticker as the only evidence of it being a physical product Apple were put in a strong position.....

8. Zayfod

Zayfod What's a Dremel?

What you mean THIS dubious product "with just some sticker"? What all seven of them?

9. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

This is true under European trademark laws, however in the US Cisco still held the rights to 'iPhone'; this is why Apple had to come an agreement...

Tags: Add Tags