1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clan[42]project<CONTESTS WON!! :D >

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Vazzini42, 11 May 2004.

1. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Holy cow! From CA driving to TX? Ouch. Makes my work commute seem lame.

Good luck. :dremel:

2. Sanf0rd42

Sanf0rd42 What's a Dremel?

well, the case is done, and it's been getting a LOT of attention up here at Quakecon. Vaz got the last piece on about an hour before we had to be up here to do setup ;)

TONS of pictures have been taken, so I'll try to get a few posted since Vaz has been so busy talking to everyone about it.

Good news is, it's a HUGE YELLOW BOX right next to my computer, so i dont' forget what row I'm on ;)

3. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Go get them tiger! :rock:

We need the bt ROCK smiley as a sticker for our cases or maybe a case badge.

:lol:

4. CooLJoE

CooLJoE Minimodder

can't wait to see updated pics of the project.

btw, i like the idea of putting the fan outside of the powersupply. lets it pull/push more air since the fan isn't obstructing anything.

5. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

me and my bro (jeeves) and his friend stoped by and said hi... the case looks great man

6. Vazzini42

Vazzini42 What's a Dremel?

Hooray I Finished In Time!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I finished this big beast finally, well kinda. (version 1.0 at least)just in time for Quakecon :clap:

The judging for the "First Annual Via mod contest" is underway and i'm crossing my fingers in hopes that I can win the $2,000 prize. :worried:

I have met and hung out with quite a few people from Bit-tech and other modders I have seen. I met Zapwizard, 3N1GM4, the maker of the UT2k4 plexi case (sorry i'm horrible with names), I also met the maker of last years winning coffin case. Everyone has been really really cool. :D

Here are some pics from Qcon...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (thank you Qcon staff and Worm specifically for these pics)

let me see if I can track down any more..

I need someone to Tivo G4 Tech TV / Pulse this coming friday August 20th at 7pm and let me get a hold of a copy if possible

I was interviewed 2 times for them and I was a little intoxicated, so I would like to see how bad I was and figure out what secrets I divulged LOL.

Last edited: 16 Aug 2004
  7. Cecil-San

Cecil-San What's a Dremel?

Hahaha...oh man...thats awesome...

I love it.....that looks really good...I love the fact you can pull down the door and sit right at it...great job man... :thumb:

Man...your making me sad I couldn't attend Quakecon... :waah:
    I wanted to drive down on Fri just to see everyones case..but I had to wait for the Cable guy to come hook up my cable modem and tv... :waah:

Oh well...I'll just have to take Little Boy next year!

8. ArmyAnt

ArmyAnt What's a Dremel?

Lol, I went to quake con friday, didnt get to ake my rig though, got grounded, would have loved to win the mod comp. :) I live here in grapevine...

9. Atarax

Atarax What's a Dremel?

i like the way you made it into a portable desk type wonderful idea keap up the excellent work

10. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

I got to meet the Clan[42] guys at QuakeCon.

The project is very high quality in person.

11. Vazzini42

Well I didn't place in the Via contest but was very happy with the responses I recieved from everytone who talked to me.

As I said before it will be on G4 Tech TV/Pulse at 7 pm this friday 20th if you would like to see it or see my sexyness LOL. I also need someone to Tivo it for me I have no Cable :grr:

Thanks for the kind words Zapwizard it was very cool meeting you and the other guys up front there.

Here is a picture showing the winners of the Via mod contest at Qcon 2004

[​IMG]

I didnt get a chance to look at the copper box one or get a close look at the R2D2 thing but I did get a chance to see the UT plexi one up close. I really did like the Unreal Tourney one and agreed with the judges for that one, but I didn't really understand their decision making for the other two.

here is a link to Chenbro's gallery showing ALL the case mods that were there http://www.teamchenbro.com/modules.php?name=Photo_Gallery

Anyway, Qcon 2004 was a blast and I made out of there with tons of schwag and got interviewed by The Dallas Morning News :eeek: , G4 Tech TV :rock: , local news :D , and will have pics of my mod on tons of sites (can't remember them all). Lets just say I am VERY happy with the response and feedback on my first real mod, can't wait to finish version 1.02 of the newspaper box and get a new one going for next year. :rock:

Vazz

<edit> I will post some better pics as soon as I can get the digital cam back and or find some good ones with/without flash

12. Vazzini42

These are all pics from Chenbro, rehosted on my photobucket album

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is why people were using it as a landmark... LOL "yeah come find us we are 2 rows behind the newspaper box" HAHAHA
    [​IMG]

I NEED NEED NEED someone to Tivo and get me a copy of the quakecon coverage It will be on G4 Tech TV this friday 20th at 7 PM. Please someone help a brotha out.

13. Cecil-San

Cecil-San What's a Dremel?

Wish I could help ya out w/ the Tivo..but...none here

I'll say it again...looking very nice!

I have to whimper slightly everytime i see Quakecon pics...I really wanted to go....=[

Sorry you didn't place...looks great none the less...keep us updated..

btw..whats planned for the next "stage"

14. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

mmmmmm turned out better than i expected, (thats cause i never read the "whole" thread) mmm now i really like it good job man you get two thumbs up :thumb: :thumb:

15. Miirk

Miirk What's a Dremel?

That thing is awesome, what a monster! :D

16. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

It looks awesome, at least you made your deadline and was able to enjoy yourself. And anyway you said its only version 1.0 - so what are you planning on cooking?

17. Vazzini42

version 1.01 should include:

1) a slot loading CDrom,
    2) all the networking equip. (Qcon didnt allow networking equipment at all),
    3) I want to open it up and redo some of the electrical parts of it,
    4) add some more UV stuffs :naughty:
    5) redo the larger LCD front
    6) get the PSone screen working :duh:
    7) maybe redo the surface of the main box (I have a great idea for that <secret secret>)

Thanks again for all the kind words :rock:

I will be entering this thing (version 1.0) into a few contests online and see if I can win anything to help with future upgrades.

I will put up pics from other people when I stumble across them :D

18. fizban

fizban What's a Dremel?

Great job on the mod VAZZ!!!!!! :thumb:
    It looks great!!!!! I wish I would've seen your project log earlier so I could've arranged a babysitter for my kido. :wallbash: Ahhh oh well.
    I'd love to see in person!! If you're ever at another big lan or whatever I'll try to stop by and admire it and I'll try not to drool on it (too much) hehehe.

19. Bilbo Fraggins

Bilbo Fraggins What's a Dremel?

Just to let the owner of this case know

His case was puplished in NOvember 2004 PC Gamer!! w00t for him I will scan the page with the article and post it for you
    Congratulations dude! :clap:

20. Bilbo Fraggins

Bilbo Fraggins What's a Dremel?

Sry for double post, Here is the article nice dude.. nice :rock:
    [​IMG]