1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Classic Architecture Case Mod Idea

Discussion in 'Modding' started by greatslack, 21 Jun 2007.

1. greatslack

greatslack What's a Dremel?

I had the idea earlier today to make a case that looks like some sort of classic architecture, and I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of someone doing this, or if anyone was planning to do this? My personal idea was to take the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris and turn that into a case, but I have nowhere near the skills to do something that complex. However, I know there are many of you out there who are able to do something like this, and I would really like to see it if there is anyone up to the challenge. We have a computer 'tower', why not make it look like one?

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I thought about this once. I was going to use the pile of moulding scraps in my garage to make something that looks like the White House. I was going to call it "Hail To The Cheap".
    Greek architecture is easier than gothic. Find a building you can mimic and go crazy.

3. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Mies van der Rohe's Barcelona Pavilion. Frank Lloyd Wright's Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum. Richard Rogers' Lloyds Building. Le Corbusier's Notre Dame du Haut. Just iconic designs that should give a few modders inspiration.

4. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

I was going to do a Mis van der Rohe style case but more like the Virginia school (or was it Chicago?) Too bad I can't weld though and I couldn't find I beams small enough.

5. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 21 Jun 2007
  6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Art deco is good. I was modeling my current rig after the chrysler building.(vaguely...)

7. saltynay

saltynay What's a Dremel?

The giant gherkin in london......