1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Cleaning waterblocks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bladesingerz, 16 Nov 2012.

1. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to move some of my waterblocks to a new desk mod and will refill it with some new and different liquid.

I was wondering how I should clean my blocks of any remaining liquid and or junk?

2. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Ketchup or vinegar works great on copper; just let it sit/soak for a few hours and your block should come out looking good as new.

Most other parts I only had to run some clean hot water through, just be sure to rinse with distilled before you re-assemble.

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

White Vinegar in a waterloop. Rinse it out with Distilled water, then use your coolant of choice, assuming it plays nice with Distilled Water.

That's pretty much all you have to do, unless you were using something with the viscosity of Napalm in there.

4. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Ok I'll try to get some vinegar then, prity uncomonly used in Belgium ;)
    If I run hot tap water trough and then after some distilled water will I have a chance of "infecting" my loop with all kind of nasty things?