1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding cleaning your pc

Discussion in 'Modding' started by preatorian, 13 Apr 2005.

1. preatorian

preatorian What's a Dremel?

while watching some new casemods today I finally decided to do a new one myself. however when I looked at my own pc I saw through the window that the thing was dusty as hell, and when I opened it up I almost died because of all the dust (yes, I've got sqeaking loungs, I know it's nerdy).
    When blowing (no serious) into the case the dust went everywhere and it's still drifting around everywhere.

anyway; to the point. is there any effective way to clean the dust? I got far enough to clean like some big objects, but between the fins of my cooler and anything next to it is almost impossible.

thanks

2. Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto What's a Dremel?

You could use a can of compressed air or a hoover on blow???? :idea:

I have done both of these before. Do not do it in a confined space though.

or buy dust filters for your fans so it will minimise the dust intake in the first place. However you do have to hoover and clean the filters themselves otherwise they will block the fans eventually.

3. BioToxiC

BioToxiC What's a Dremel?

Personally id go for the compressed air option.....wouldnt trust a vacuum cleaner on blow because of the possible static that may be generated.....either way do it outside, theres nothing worst that getting a mouth full of body spray, shake 'n' vac and dead skin..... :eyebrow:

4. KelticFox

KelticFox What's a Dremel?

The best way I find is strangley Both!

Place a hoover bit on top (I duct tape mine on), turn the hoover, and squirt the compressed air into the case. And Bingo. The hoover sucks up the loose dust particles.

Good also because then you dont have to hoover every thing that got dust on it. :D

5. Zuke

Zuke What's a Dremel?

Totally with Fox on this one. The only thing I do different from him is I lay the case on its back (side) and have compressed air in one hand with a dustbuster (or vaccum hose) in the other. That way you can concentrate your efforts (and the power of the blow/suck combination) on particular trouble spots.