1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Clear (Acrylic) PC Cases?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mongoose132, 4 Nov 2011.

1. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

I've been looking all over for a clear ATX/Mid Tower clear acrylic case for my next build, all the ones I seem to find have sold out months ago (Like this Sunbeams one, or this one on Amazon.

I'd love you all forever if anyone knows of anywhere to get one :naughty:
    Want to make a boootiful watercooled thing, with hoses coming out of my ears. :lol:

2. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

ive found some on ebay heres the link

Acrylic Case

Rep:1770

:D:D Its just like magic

LennyRhys likes this.
  3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

A couple words of caution, acrylic cases are a pretty "specialty" item so be prepared for some complications to go along with the looks. The primary concern, not many reputable manufacturers make acrylic cases. You're liable to get poorly constructed cases and cracked cases if you buy from people who don't have a reputation to worry about. Definitely make sure you're clear on your return policy to watch out for this, your case is entirely clear afterall so every flaw will show.

Also make sure you can actually do what you intend to do. You're not working with metal anymore, if you need to cut a hole be sure you have the tools and know-how to cut acrylic properly. Will your radiator fit? How will you be securing your pump and res? The last thing you need when setting up a watercooling loop is case problems throwing everything off plan.

If you've got all of that settled then good luck, unfortunately I can't help with any places that have them in stock.

4. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

^ I was looking for one of the sunbeams cases, I used to have one but I dropped it, and like you said, not that durable, smashed into bits :D

Going to practise a bit again before I start chopping it up, what could possibly go wrong :p
    And thanks for the link flame, I shall keep searching for a while but if I can't find any more I'll take the plunge. :p

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

TBH, you could just make your own :)

6. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

But mine would inevitably end up looking like a school technology product, with hot glue all over the place and sharp, deadly corners :D

7. donok

donok Every Little Helps .....

Joining acrylic is pretty easy just use acrylic cement and a syringe.
    The hard work is prepping the edges to take cement.