1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Clear sticky plastic (mylar?) - where to buy?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by mmorgue, 16 Feb 2005.

1. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Hey guys,

First post <ducks quickly> and I have a question. For some time now I have been looking for large sheets of transparent sticky plastic - similar to the sort you get on new mobile phones or PDA's or any device with an LCD screen that protects it.

You can peel the stuff off but it doesn't leave any residue (usually). Back home (canada) I used to use the stuff for artwork and airbrushing - I *think* it was called 'mylar' or something like that. It was great for doing airbrushing as you could peel the backing off the mylar sheet, place on the artwork and using a blade, cut the shape/pattern and easily remove the stencil and then airbrush, etc.. Then remove the rest and it didn't rip/peel the paper it was stuck to.

I am in the UK now and don't know what the stuff is called or referred to over here. Does anyone know? Or could point me to someone who would supply it?

Thx

2. setishock

setishock What's a Dremel?

PDA screen protectors...

That might be a good place to look if you're not needing a large size. Or may be do a search for protective window film.