1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Clive Barker's Jericho will not be edited for USK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Sep 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

There loss. I wonder if they sell/rent Hellraiser and the a-like over there in Germany?!

Silly buggers.

3. f00dl3

f00dl3 New Member

Censorship is the first step to government dictatorship and communism. I appreciate that Germany is not being overrun by communists as America is right now.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt New Member

All extreme forms of government use censorship to try and control public opinion, not merely communists. Facist governments use it to an equal degree.

Considering the general political outlook in the USA at the moment, your assertion that it is "being overrun by communists" is quite untrue. It could even be shown that capitalism has never been stronger than it is now.

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

As a German I can only say that reasons for such censorship might be the fear of some politicians that such games make people underage violent, running around in their schools killing people. It is easy to blame computer games, easier than blaming the parents failure anyway. Older people, who never actually played a game ever appart from Solitaire, do appreciate this movement.

Great games in the past have ben crippled in the past, such as all Quake and UT games, in Quake IV not less than 90% of the textures have been replaced. However, that does not mean that communism or facism is growing in Germany. ;)

6. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

good job Codemaster!! stand up for ur rights :) (and opinions!)

7. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

I think ratings should be more of a recomendation than a restriction.

8. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

No...

Then my little brothers would have the option of playing manhunt. They shouldn't be allowed to play manhunt. It will scare them and kids at that age are very very impressionable. I know that parents should be the ones that decide if they would let their kids play a game, but in reality, kids deceive and trick parents/grandparents/minders. I remember getting my granny to buy me GTA 2 for example. She didn't know any better and the staff in the store didn't bat and eyelid.

Tags: Add Tags