1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Close Call.

Discussion in 'General' started by sammo1999, 2 Aug 2007.

1. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

You would have thought they might have learned, after they didn't fireproof the structural supports in the world trade center, that maybe taking action was worth it...

2. sammo1999

sammo1999 What's a Dremel?

As far as re-routing traffic in the city I'm not sure how well it will work. The plan is for everyone to go around (to the east) the University of Minnesota campus and then go north to rejoin 35W.

I'll be moving back up there in 2 weeks so I can let you know how well it's working then.

3. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

It's gonna suck. 280 can't handle that amount of traffic and I heard stories from my classmates (I go to college in Minneapolis), and they said that the lines on the entrance and exit ramps stretched all the way down the ramps and well onto the exit lanes on the highways with traffic at a dead stop. Hopefully they put up a temporary bridge like they did on 494 down by the exit to get on 65.

4. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

...And the melting-point of steel is? :D
    http://www.loosechange911.com/
    Loose Change 2nd Edition Recut
    Note: I don't believe there's any relation between the two events.

Last edited: 3 Aug 2007
  5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Yeah, that's more of a close call.

For those who have seen the movie "the punisher" will remember a scene where the main character is trying to get info from a bad guy. He tells him that when you are burned by a blowtorch you won't feel the heat. "It will actually feel cold, and then you'll smell like bacon". After this he aims the blowtorch at a piece of meat, and then pokes the guy in the back with a ice lolly. :D

That must be the ultimate, evil joke to do to anyone. :hehe:

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I have been watching it on the news and its amazing how it just went in one almost. I cant belive it just fell down!!

7. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

steel in the WTC was fireproofed... the problem was that a good amount of it was knocked loose by the impacts

the primary cause of the WTC collapse was a high sulfur content in the steel, which when super heated formed an iron-sulfide compound, which made the steel insanely brittle

8. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I think i'm going to disagree with you on that one. According to my EMT text when someone "inhales" water the epiglottis snaps closed very quickly and stays that way. Death is by asphyxiation, but drowning victims have very little fluid in their lungs postmortem. The reason that resuscitation of drowning victims is difficult is that you have to lever the epiglottis oipen again after it has spasmed to establish an airway. Inserting an endotracheal airway is tricky under ideal circumstances, but damn near impossible with an uncooperative epiglottis.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I've heard of that, but I thought that reflex was more prominent with babies (a throwback to being in the womb). Still, I live and learn. :p

10. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

So...drowning or burning then?

11. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

What about being on fire in a pool of flammable liquid...

I'd hope that there aren't many people who have the experiences to say for definite either way.

12. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Ditto.

13. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I thought you were supposed to stop people thinking like that! ;)