1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Clothes!! Winter coat help!!

Discussion in 'General' started by el2k, 1 Nov 2011.

1. StingLikeABee

StingLikeABee What's a Dremel?

Each to their own I guess. I would get at least one winters wear out of it so it would be worth it for me.

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Each to their own but with winter lasting roughly 120 days officially that's £14-15 a day. :hehe:

3. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Coat? In Yorkshire that means trousers instead of shorts.

4. StingLikeABee

That's much less than my daily lunch expense, so it's all good;)

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

If you're looking for a wool coat like the one pictured you're going to get both! I've got a wool shirt (Pendleton, as it were) and it sure gets toasty. Well made, too. Good quality weave, sturdily attached suede elbow pads. Unfortunately it's just a little small as it's a hand me down from my dad who shrank it in the wash.

Curse their site for being linked! I've been looking for a more stylish winter coat. Walking down the street in a ski jacket doesn't quite get the kind of looks I want. :hehe:

6. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

7. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

What an outrageous price for a coat. You could buy a cow and a sheep, gather the mats (wool and leather) and get one hand made for cheaper than that. You'd have plenty of dinners aswell...

8. StingLikeABee

I wouldn't be interested in the model, and the coat is very nice in my opinion. It looks ideal for the cold winter nights.

I could spend the same on a PC too, but that wouldn't be so outrageous I guess....;)

9. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

In actuality I wear a Belgian Army surplus peacoat For £50, it's a bargain.

10. LJF

LJF Modded

It's the most expensive coat on Stone Island's website.

It's just a shame that such money can't buy decent taste... :eyebrow:

11. StingLikeABee

What you like I may find to be distasteful. That's the beauty of clothing, we don't all have to wear the same styles or follow the same trends;)

12. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

No-one here is debating anyone's right to wear something that looks more-or-less like a 70's dining-room carpet :hehe:.

13. StingLikeABee

The coat I linked to, or the aztec one in the OP?

14. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

The one in the OP :D. The other one is ridiculously expensive, if you don't get like 5 years use out of it it's not worth it IMO. Even then it's a push.

15. StingLikeABee

I still have coats from 4-5 years ago that I wear for everyday wear, so I would get a fair amount of wear from it. Even if I didn't, I would still buy it. I like my clothes, and am prepared to spend my hard earned on items of clothing I like. I could be a hardware junkie and spend more in a year, everyone has their vices.:thumb:

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Do they? I know I have three... one is a Record No. 3, one a cheapish Stanley at about 150mm wide with rubber jaw covers and the big daddy is a Record #8 Mechanics vice :thumb: :hehe:

But seriously though, that's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on one item of clothing. I'm a fan of nice clothes as well, and will happily pay more for a pair of jeans or a shirt if it's a nice branded one, but £1600 on a coat? That makes you look like a WWII Nazi soldier, posted somewhere in snow-covered Poland? Nah, not for me! The one in the OP is different enough to be nice, but it's certainly not my style.

My favourite coat for going out is a (fake) black leather one but for day to day wearing, I have company branded Uneek UC-605 ones, which are awesome quality reversible coats that don't cost the earth :)

17. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

My taste in clothes is suspect at best and even I dont much like that lol

Carrie likes this.
  18. StingLikeABee

Look at it another way...........

How much would you be prepared to spend on pc hardware, or media, games etc in a year? Tally that up and I would bet that some here could triple what I am going to be spending on that coat. Especially those with the disposable income to do so. That too could be seen as an exorbitant amount. I look after the clothes I buy, and I enjoy buying clothes that not every tom, dick and harry is going to be wearing. That comes at a cost, and I'm prepared to meet that cost.

I enjoy spending on clothes, it's a hobby and it's that simple. I could be a car buff, and spend thousands on pimping my car, or I could be a stamp collector spending thousands on that hobby. as long as the bills are paid, the pension plan is paid, my wife is kept sweet, and the kids are looked after, any pin money I have goes on the clothes I like. I don't see the problem myself.

As to the coat itself, I can live with people not liking it, it's not them I'm expecting to wear it after I've bought it;)

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

[​IMG]

A lot of people could use a sip.

smc8788 likes this.
  20. LJF

LJF Modded

Just got to be careful not to spill any on your overpriced coat...:lol: