1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors clutch wear question

Discussion in 'General' started by DXR_13KE, 25 May 2008.

1. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

Personally, I don't use a clutch at all. I just hire 37 strong midgets to push me around wherever I go.

2. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

1 grand was the price I had in my head because I was thinking of the installation costs as well. I wouldn't buy a clutch for my car off of e-bay though, even if the seller says its brand new. It could easily be a cheap immitation part and I wont take a chance like that on my car. Looking around at stores online they seam to be around 300-400 depending on what stage clutch you get.
    And installation for me would cost that much because of where I live.

3. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

True, I suppose either brand new from the manafacturer or 'sports' clutches would cost more. Personally I'm quite happy with pattern parts on my car - I've always used them, but I usually drive old bangers.

We put a £40 pattern clutch kit on my housemate's Toyota ute, it's not given any problems and probably has to withstand quite a lot with the 3 litre diesel up front.

4. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I'd expect to pay about £40 for a pattern clutch for my car, and to spend between 45 and 90 minutes fitting it.

Tags: