1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases CM 690 II Lite or Advanced?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ch33sefiend, 29 Sep 2010.

1. Ch33sefiend

Ch33sefiend What's a Dremel?

Afternoon chaps, a quick query:

I am looking into buying a new case as my old one is no longer suited to cooling a overclocked quad-core CPU and three hdd's. I have been looking into the CM 690 II but noticed that there were different models of the same case; namely the CM 690 II lite and the CM 690 II Advanced.

As far as I can gather the Advanced case has some extra fan's (alway's useful!), a sata connection port on the top of the case, and some other smaller details such as a ssd caddy and a gfx card holder (?).

Here's the links:

Advanced: link

Lite: link

Is the advanced worth the extra cash or is there a better case out there for around 70 notes?

Thanks.

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Like you say slightly different models of the same case, I would go for the advance, you might not use all the feature, but they'll be there when you need them. Better than not having them and needing them.

3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Apart from the differences you have already mentioned, the key one in my opinion is that the Advanced can fit a total of 11 fans (4 x 120/140 mm, 4 x 120mm, 1 x 140mm, 2 x 80mm) whilst the Lite can only fit a total of 8 (6 x 120mm, 2 x 80mm).

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I went for the advanced. It's a nice case :) I've fitted a fan in the side panel (it can take two depending on big an aftermarket cpu cooler you've got xD ), one in the roof, and one in the bottom of the case.

5. abhijat

abhijat What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I was in the same position as you, and I just bought the advance a couple of days ago for my new build - it's an excellent case - worth every penny in every way, in fact for the price it's one of the best cases you can buy (I think).

Hope that helps.

6. Ch33sefiend

Ch33sefiend What's a Dremel?

After thinking about your comments I decided to spend that little bit more and go for the Advanced case. Should be here in a day or two! Thanks for the help again chaps ;)