1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals CM Storm Reaper Gaming Mouse Review

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Djayness, 21 Jun 2014.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Welcome to the CM Storm Reaper Gaming Mouse Review by Epic PC Cases. Coolermaster were kind enough to send me the mouse to review and a bit of disclosure, I do get to keep the product after the review.

What I like:
    As a gaming mouse, the Reaper ticks many, many crucial boxes in the performance and ergonomics department and it’s nice to see a peripheral that has actual quality to it with the aluminum billet knobs and panels blending seamlessly with the rubberized finish that has seemingly become the norm in the industry. As mentioned, the response on this mouse is lightning quick with its Avago 8200DPI sensor and if white LED’s are your thing, this mouse has a subtle glow on the palm and primary left and right clicks so it’s easy to find in the dark. The clutch button is programmable and has been fairly useful in a variety of gaming situations, I personally use mine as a secondary item cast in League of Legends and have programmed it to be my quick knife in Battlefield 3.

What I don’t like:
    After an extended period of use my only real gripe with this mouse resides with the DPI switch buttons. I know these are the least used buttons on many gaming mice but I would have liked to have seen a more solid click from them as the current switches used feel slightly clunky. This came as a bit of a surprise as the rest of the buttons on the mouse are damn responsive and feel nice to click but the quick switch DPI buttons are the only downside on an otherwise fantastic and very affordable product from Coolermaster.

Conclusion:
    Gaming mice are a dime a dozen these days and quite honestly the Reaper is very decently priced and features quality build materials and a super responsive sensor to boot. It’s quickly become my go to gaming mouse for MMO and FPS in a short period of time and is a refreshing change to the Razer Naga that I’ve been using for the past 3 years.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Quick question, I've got a CM Storm Inferno mouse, and I really like the customization with the extra buttons and software. You didn't really touch on that, how is the software / customization?

I've had my extra buttons configured for play / pause, next track and previous track, and it's soo convenient.

3. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

You can customise through the provided software or you can simply hit the button to assign it when in the game menu to whatever function you wish (which, IMO is far easier for gaming).

There is a fair amount of customisation involved though as you can set 4 profiles and a heap of macro sequences as well.