1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows CnC 3 demo coming soon.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neogumbercules, 17 Feb 2007.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Word on the street was that the CnC 3 demo was hitting on the 20th. EA has since taken that down and the rep from them has said that the demo is coming soon and will hopefully be announced before the the end of the week.

2. MixWizard

MixWizard Minimodder

Ive got it on the new reserve feature that fileplanet provide to subscribers, so just waiting for the download to kick in. There is no proper date from them either but im guessing it soon as the the program is checking more often to see if its out yet

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Me too :thumb:

4. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

So do I, dont really care when it's released tho.. I've got supcom to play :)

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Nice, thanks for the Heads Up
    Cant wait for this game :D but then, playing a demo does kind of spoil the excitment, so i may not download it, and wait for the full game to be released.

Sam

6. IXON

IXON What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to this game just hope EA haven't spoiled it :duh:

7. Neogumbercules

I think EA might have gotten this one right. The interview up on Gamespot with Joe Kucan (Kane) leads me to believe that the dev team was absolutely devoted to do the series justice.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

So long as it has Joe in it I'll snap it up.

From what little I've bothered to look into it though, it looks like it's good old C&C with a shiny new face. But hell, I buy these games just for the FMVs, one of the main reasons I was disappointed with Generals.

Actually I quite liked Generals, but it wasn't C&C.

9. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Meh. Tell me if it's any good. What size is it?

10. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

supreame comander has moved the RTS genre on past where c+c left off by along way they will have to have implimented some significant improvenments before I try it.

11. Neogumbercules

I actually have a quite different point of view than you, Kip. I love the old CnCs and I loved the way they played. Generals deviated so far away from the core CnC gameplay it felt like a kick to the balls to CnC players. I quite enjoy both the mythology and simplistic style of play. Even though the system itself was simple though, the games contained a mountain of strategy.

Another thing I loved about the old-school style CnC games was the cheesy FMVs, the eccentric characters, and the bad dialog. Any of you remember the crazy Russian Prime Minister from RA2? That's what I love about CnC. It didn't take itself too seriously and there was always humor stuck into these seemingly serious situations. The humor also translated into the units, such as the Brutes from YR screaming "GIMME YER LUNCH MONEY!" Of course, the original CnC was always the more serious of the two CnC universes, however it still had its share of crazy cut scenes and funny characters..."Got some C4 knocking at your door!"

12. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

Yea I couldn't even play generals it just felt weird, they tried to make it really realistic when C & C is really a sci fi franchise.

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I agree with you Neo, Generals was a good game, but it just wasn't C&C. RA2 is a classic example - the story's a bag of crap, but the units, cheesy FMV's and twisted characters made it a really lovable game. :rock:

14. samkiller42

RA2 is probably my favourite game off all time, and its going to be difficult for any company to beat it, i mean the game was soo fast, the soundtrack brilliant (Hell March 2 :D ) and the cut scenes cheesy, that is what makes a good Command and Conquer, dont get me wrong, i enjoy playing all other C&C's however i think its the game for me, anyday, and doesnt require much of a PC to play it. Its all very well for these new games to require PPU cards and Multicore CPU's, but thats another thing that set C&C off, was the fact it was an entire game on a CD, with Cinematics playing of it, as well as its Soundtrack, nowadays all the CD is doing is confirming its a legit copy and its all on the drive, this is passing away from what C&C is, to me i think it is wrong, but there is little i can do, i am only one voice, but hey, lets see how well EA have ruined this game, like Generals, even though i enjoyed it, i will agree with most other people, Generals and Zero hour are not C&C's.

Sam

15. samkiller42

Interesting, so thats today.

Sam

16. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I agree, RA2 for me is the best rts to date. Supreme commander was alright, it's just not near as fun to play as RA2 was.

17. Neogumbercules

Woot woot sam, thanks for the update.

18. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

I want it :(

19. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Cheers for the info man, I cant wait to get my hands on it as I have been waiting for a long time for this.

20. samkiller42

Tags: