1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows COD MW3 trailer count down

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 25 Feb 2011.

1. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

I absolutely love the SP campaigns of MW2 and BLOPS, but don't do MP so can't comment on that.

Am I really that much in the minority here on Bit-Tech in loving these games (don't all say Yes at once)?

Yes, games which usher the player down a certain route naturally reduce their replayability, but I'm grateful to have had the chance to play them through once, let alone more than that.

How many times do you watch a DVD?

Does a game really need to be played more than two or three times to make it worth the money?

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I love the sp campaigns on mw too, what I don't like is the enormous pr they get and the massive fanboy following.

3. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

Am I the only one who wants P2P back? Despite all the problems with it, it makes playing with friends far easier (team tacticool with 3 other friends is a blast) and you don't have to worry about servers having stupid rules, or being kicked for no reason.

4. archie11

archie11 A Man On A Mission

OK MW3, should good considering Black Ops is ****. (well online anyway)

5. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

6. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Ew, you linked Kotaku.

Adding to the chorus of meh. Was really disappointed with the release of BLOPS, and although I enjoyed the hell out of MW2 I'm not keen on playing another 10 lvl prestige grind.

Best prize for maxing MW2 was having lots of fags calling you a rankhacker noob.

7. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

After the insult to everyone's intelligence that was the SP of MW2, I don't have any faith on MW3 being any better.

And as to the multiplayer... I have no interest in the spamfest/spawn-die/helicpoter up my ass every 30 seconds/stupidity CoD style anymore. MW1 was good fun. MW2 and Black Ops were a clusterfrak. You couldn't be alive for more than 20 seconds in those games without getting a missile, helicopter, RDX, napalm, or A-bomb dropped on you. It was infuriating and completely not fun when you couldn't actually play the game because some stupid click-die power was being used against you constantly.

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Everyone is ignoring this?

9. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

No one cares.

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

very ture :yawn:

11. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

You say this every release. When was the last CoD you actually played?

12. spectre456

what's wrong with 'em? They're one of the better news blogs on gaming around.

13. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Well, there was this one time...

Mainly, I dislike the way they editorialize beyond the point of banality.

14. spectre456

i see your point but i don't consider it a negative or positive. To each their own i suppose. i most definitely prefer them to IGN though. I judge sites by their content and commenters. Kotaku is pretty high up there with Bit-Tech in my opinion whereas IGN's comment section is comparable to Youtube.

He's got a secret shrine with all the games. He merely dares not to speak of it :worried:

(don't throw a chicken at me Gunsmith *hides*)

Last edited: 27 Feb 2011
  15. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Well if you played MW then you played them all.

tennisball likes this.
  16. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

Well said

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

modern warfare surprisingly. twas also the last one i actually paid for,

18. Nowell @ CCL

Nowell @ CCL CCL Customer Services

If you like playing on maps the size of you shoe box, heavy cgi scenes, dumb AI, and just general aim, shoot & kill like a laser with no physics and recoil game play then COD is for you.

For me, the COD series died an honourable death with COD2. Since then, it's being a repeat of its mistakes, same engine, same docile AI, same size maps. Feels like you're playig the same game over & over with different skins.

If you want a game that offers, teamwork, superb AI, huge maps to wreak havoc on, fly helicopters, drive or use just about anything at your disposal. Then, Battlefield is for you.

PS all you COD owners, it's won't be an easy transition though, don't complain if you can kill for example, in BC2, the bullets drop and have recoil, so you can't shoot someone from 20ft away & still hit the exact same place you aimed :p

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

my lvl 50 charactor disagrees :p MG36 and tap-tap-tap => laser accurate auto-sniper. or any LMG for that matter, if you ignore the visual gun kicks.

20. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I'd like to see Call of Duty take on the British Army. I.e. actually have the game set in an army that isn't American, or Special Forces AT ALL. I enjoyed being the Range in CoD4 honestly...

But I will not buy another game until I read a review of it...