1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Colin McRae: Dirt 2 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Sep 2009.

1. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

It is not rubbish... it is as you say... a more simple, generic arcade racer designed for the masses which is why it has a wide range of diciplines throughout. It is not a serious simulation racer as previous Colin McRae, F1 or even TOCA titles were. As such it is very good for what it is.

However, the Colin McRae and F1 franchise games were exactly that, simulation racers for the serious gamer or even racer with easier settings for those who could not hack it or just wanted to ping round the tracks. This is my complaint with DiRT, that they have made it more varied and simple and have killed the very thing Colin McRae was all about.

I do not wish to cause offence, but I wonder what Colin McRae himself would have thought about his name being used for such a generic ambiguous game.

2. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

I was really looking forward to playing a next-gen WRC rally game, and instead we get "DIRT" - generic, dumbed down "rallying" for the masses.

3. mseb3

mseb3 What's a Dremel?

me too mate I wish DiRT 1 had the graphics & handling of 2 coz this is 1 of the worst rally games ever & they used Mcrae's name just to sell it

Tags: Add Tags