1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other COME ON ENGLAND!

Discussion in 'General' started by SatansBudgie, 12 Jun 2010.

1. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Even though every player in the England team plays, and most of the times stars for their premier league club...

Rooney, main man of United
    Lampard and Terry are the main men of Chelsea
    Gerrard, main man of Liverpool
    James, one of the main men of Portsmouth
    Defoe, one of the main men in Tottenham.
    etc.

2. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

They may be the main men in the premier league teams, but at international level they aren't great, by any measure.

3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

That's because they can't play well with each other. But no manager would choose a different team to what is available.

4. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Indeed, but why? I think the premier league is too competative and our home players are suffereing as a result. I think as well if you look at the vast majority off the "better" teams in the world cup or teams which are just considered good in general, if you look at the players they ususally come from the same few clubs where they train together week in week out and know how to work as a team.

Best example is spain, they nearly all play for barca and real with literally one or two at vallencia. Interestingly enough England are the ONLY team to field a full squad of players who are ALL playing in their home countries domestic league! The only other team who comes close? Spain! only 3 of their players play in the UK, reina, torres and fabregas.

5. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Drawing our first 2 games put me on a downer. But like my barber (guru/oracle) says, England always struggles and usually pulls back a little, hence our winner yesterday. Interesting to me is the fact that Germany struggled to score any more than 1 goal against Ghana. Ghana's defence was pretty strong, but extremely messy at the same time, midfield and attack were not great. So I don't think Germany performed fantastically well. I now put us as pretty equal to Germany and I reckon we'll put up a good fight and it could be anyones game ... which makes it even more exciting :D

That's because all managers would have the same limited choice of players to choose from. The reason why our club managers import so many players from abroad is because we do not invest in our own talent and produce a good amount of decent players. Thereby the knock-on effect that troubles our international games.

6. MacWalka

MacWalka What's a Dremel?

Come on Germany!!!

7. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I'm starting to feel sorry for the jocklandshire peeps that they have to feel the love for the krauts, just to stick one in the eye of us English folk. Ah well, maybe the sweaty socks will qualify in 2014, then they can show some love for themselves. Then again, pigs may fly too:D

[​IMG]

8. MacWalka

I have no problem supporting Germany, in fact, I'll support any country that plays good football in this World Cup. And so far that definitely hasn't included England. Anyways I'm sure your mighty Rooney will keep his amazing record in this championship alive in this World Cup and get the top goalscorer award. :hehe:

Yeah Scotland ain't been doing too well recently but we are starting to look up and I'm heading off to Lithuania in September to watch my team. How often do you go see England? I'm curious.

Oh by the way I miss your old Gazza's flute avatar. I always liked having the lyrics "being up to my knees in fenian blood" every time you posted. :rolleyes:

9. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

"recently" ... ? ... LoL

I love it when you Scots take digs at us. It makes me remember things could be worse.

10. MacWalka

Ha ha yeah I think the players we have now are looking better. We can now have a team that doesn't have any Championship players for the first time in about 10 years and we won our first friendly at home since we last qualified.

We had a crap qualifying campaign there, mainly due to an inept manager and some serious disagreements between the players and manager. Similar reason you guys failed for Euro 2008apparently.

11. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I go to watch England play as often as I can, both home and away. The last match I went to was in Barcelona, for the world cup qualifiers in 2008. Being married now, working and with kids, I don't get to follow England nearly as often as I like. Why do you ask? Presumed I was an armchair supporter?:D

As for my avatar, I am a Rangers fan too, and before you ask why an Englishman would support Rangers, my Mum's family is Scottish, and I still have family up there (Dumfries, Glasgow and Kilwinning). They can take a bit of ribbing about their national team, shame you can't. In fact, all I have heard from my jock side of the family is pretty much what you said.:D Now when you have done with the sour grapes, pass them over to the Irish:thumb:

12. MacWalka

Nah didn't presume you were an armchair supporter, just wanted to make sure you were a proper supporter. I find banter with English armchair supporters who pop up at the World Cup can get pretty abusive but enjoy it with the proper paying supporters. Just wanted to clarify which you were first :thumb:

I have no issues with what club you support, everyone is free to choose I just think it was a bad choice of avatar if I'm honest.

Think I'll keep my sour grapes for now, they are tasty when having to listen to Andy Townsend, Gary Lineker and Alan Green :wallbash:. How you guys enjoying the ma-arse bars draped in your flag? Tasty? I'm thinking of changing my name to Luthor VonWalka for the next match, what you reckon? Bet you wished Terry had sh@gged Rob Green's wife before the tournament? :hehe:

13. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

This is how we win the world cup...

[​IMG]

14. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

:D:D

Just watch the pips in those sour grapes! They have a habit of sticking in your throat (especially tomorrow when we kick Germany's arse!).

Just watched the US vs Ghana match, and congrats to Ghana! Commiserations to the yanks, but the other team outplayed them tonight.

On countdown now for tomorrows match, not holding my breath for a win, but it would be sooo sweet!! COME ON ENGLAND!!!:rock:

15. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Come on Germany :D Im not anti England but I do have a couple of Germans in my dream team so hope they go further.

16. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Now about those grapes...

Any way now the world cup is over in the UK can we get back to real life. kthkxbye

17. themcman1

themcman1 is now 110% win

[​IMG]

That is all.

pimonserry likes this.
  18. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I might break the habit of a lifetime come 2014, and join the friggin tartan army. My ma and every other jock in my family is having a right old laugh at England, and I can't says I blame her after that performance. What a friggin washout!!!!:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

There will be no sour grapes from me, we lost cos our team played shite, I wouldn't dare try to suggest otherwise. Feck the disallowed goal, the end result would still have been a lose. We deserved that result!

19. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

It was a shocking decision about the goal that wasn't a goal but that is not the reason England lost, they lost because they played ****. Back to reality now.

20. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Terrible !

We got well and truly hammered.