1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V comfortable budget headphones?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OneSeventeen, 21 May 2007.

1. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I want to spend less than $30USD on headphones, but I'd like them to be over-the-ear earmuff style, and I'd like them to be comfortable to wear all day.

I listen to music, books on tape, and podcasts on my iPod, so quality isn't insanely important. I would like it to sound nice, preferably delivering the same range my iPod can deliver.

I am not an audiophile and can't afford to become one, but I would like to be smart when I buy my next set of headphones.

If there is a crazy increase from $30USD to $40USD, I'm willing to go that high, but not higher. (I'm married and have student loans, which means tech budget is nearly non-existent!) :p

2. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I would recomment these
    great sound for the price(sennheiser!)
    Comfy on the ears, not to much presure but a snuggle fit. Dunno what the cost in the states but i payed 35€ over here

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I was goign to recommend them yesterday but I couldn't (be arsed) to find out if they were circumaural or not.

4. Altron

Altron Well-Known Member

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I also recommend Sennheiser HD201.
    Lovely 'phones, and cheap too (17ukp). :thumb:

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd New Member

I say pay a little extra for the Sony MDR-V6.

7. Hazardous

Hazardous New Member

Are you serious :confused: Did you not read the very first part of his first post...

US$30.00 is about £15. A set of Sony MDR-V6's would set him back somewhere in the order of £80 (US$160... although you can possibly get 'em for less over there?).

£15 - £80 most certainly is not a "little" extra :rolleyes:

8. nicotine

nicotine New Member

I also recommend Sennheiser, they are excellent headphones. I have a pair of their wireless headphones and couldn't be happier with them.

9. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

awesome, the Sennheisers look to be a good kit for the price... especially considering they are only $5 USD more than my current sony "studio monitors" that are uncomfortable and low-ish quality. (Not bad, like the jvc earbuds I just returned to the store, but just not worth $20)

thanks for the tips guys!

10. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 New Member

For Low price good quality id go for the logitech playgear mod headphones chip as chips and far superior to ipod/sony freebes (in the box) and are good for a mid term set while saving up for Sennheiser !
    I don't know what model the units ive been looking at are but the Sennheiser i was looking at are £70>75 UK wow but as there SH ill pay that price.
    EDIT - heres the one im looking at
    Sennheiser-PXC250-Headphone