1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 5 Apr 2007.

1. saeghwin

saeghwin New Member

I like the game a lot so far, even though I've barely played much. I'm stuck at this one mission in Croatia where you have to guard a broken down base, and then rescue your reinforcements (how ironic). I really cannot get past that part, and by the time I can build enough forces to guard my base and get the reinforcements, the enemy has begun attacking full force. Any suggestions?

Does anyone else hate Jennifer Morrison's acting? I think it is seriously pretty bad. She has this attitude that always comes off as artificially serious, as if she is trying to make her voice sound lower or more dramatic than anyone would actually sound in real life. As a result, it sounds corny and scripted. Overall though, I've been really satisfied with the live-action in this game.

2. willyolio

willyolio New Member

grace park, guys!! how could you possibly not mention boomer?

although yes, there is some serious geek casting pwnage.

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member

For that mission immediately build a second harvester. That will help out a lot. Build about 4 rifle squads and send them to the west and south entrances to your base and put them in their bunkers using their click power. Immediately power off all of your AA guns and power on all of your defenses. Only turn on the AA guns when the Venoms attack you. Next, start up 10 predator tanks and send 3-4 to the east entrance on guard mode and 3 to the north. If your predators lose too much health send them back to the war factory to get repaired and send one of your fresh ones to replace it. Once you have 10 predators and a couple APCs attack the northeast base. Their defenses aren't that strong and you should be able to punch through and stomp their asses.

Protip: Put some engineers in the APCs and capture the base instead.

Once you have that done with, you should be able take it easy. Your bunkered down rifle squads should be heroic by now after killing so many fanatics and militant squads. Build a few more APCs and fill them with grenadiers. Send them southwest and clear out all the garrisoned buildings. Once that is done grab the predators left over from the first assualt (you have been building more predators by now, right?) and send them at the southwest base and destroy it. Rescue your reinforcements and get ready for the annoying part.

The last base is not accessible by land. Your options are to either build tons of air, or to build an airport and use the "Call for transport" ability with your units. I suggest the latter. The base has a ton of AA units in it, and they will put up a good fight. Build about 5-7 Pit Bulls and airlift them onto the north eastern corner of the cliff. The enemies should not detect you. Use the special power that drops APCs and Pit Bulls up there too. Now, send ONE pit bull into the base, then turn his ass around and send him back to the big group of pit bulls and APCs. The enemy Venoms should follow you right into your trap. Send in the rest after the Venoms are dead and finish off the base. Air lift your preds if you need to.

4. suicidal-kid

suicidal-kid New Member

This is a great game, but as it was said already, multiplayer is god awful.

It is Generals all over again for me and my friends. Someone always gets disconnected, lag taking over. I'm not even going to try the online, the menu (if you can even call it that) looks like it was done the week before the game shipped. What a pathetic idea to have a chat thing on the "server" select screen. Yea, 100 (or so) people talking at once so text is flying up so fast, you can't even read the first word. Fail.

Oh, and on the topic of the chat... The censored words are pathetic! Especially for a game rated for teenagers. If you don't know, such words as, butt, poo, poop, GOD, hell, and Alah! I'm sure they blocked out all other gods, but I'm not trying.

God damn it EA, stop taking good games and ruining them.

5. Bladestorm

Bladestorm New Member

Isometric surely ?

6. Giggz

Giggz Member

this game is great. yes its not the most graphically challenging but c&c never have been its all about the gameplay and yet again its good. spent abit to long on this since i got it last friday

shame that ea went down last weekend though

7. TomH

TomH And like that... he was gone.

Well, just to save yourselves from looking incoherant. I wouldn't knock constructive criticism either -- the collective editing of Bit-Tech's regular readers goes a long way to ensure that you all look spot-on when anyone else, who may not always read the site, is checking out your articles. :rolleyes:

Mmm, Boomer. Might just buy it now :D

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tom it wasn't an argumentative comment in the first place! Note the winky smilie! :)

Bladestorm: Isometric... mmmm nice.

9. TomH

TomH And like that... he was gone.

Apologies, it came across as more sarcastic than anything. :)

10. Stompy

Stompy New Member

Actually this has changed, the left and right clicks have been swapped from previous CnC games ;)
    Has taken some getting used to for people who still play the old games alot.
    Still, in an upcoming patch there is going to be an option to change it back to old style.

11. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

I'm loving the game, but it keeps crashing on me. Every ~ 15 - 30min it crashes to desktop with an "E_OUTOFMEMORY" error :(

*Throws laptop out window*

12. Stompy

Stompy New Member

Have you got the latest patch? :)

13. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

Yep. Latest graphics drivers etc too :(

14. airchie

airchie New Member

Started playing this today.
    Just played the first couple of missions and it seemed way better than the demo for some reason.
    Looks great at max everything at 1920x1200 but something someone else said about it making units harder to see and control is very true.
    I miss the simplicity of Yuri's Revenge sometimes... :D

15. Jokkocze

Jokkocze New Member

Most settings maxed with rig in sig.. works like a dream.. I have no idea how you can get it to run that badly

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Dunno, we did nothing different than what anyone else does with the installation and we used the latest drivers. We just kept upping he the hardware and was surprised at the result!

17. sl1xx

sl1xx New Member

c&c3 is really good very buggy online but its on the mend !

18. Mnet_Gaming

Mnet_Gaming New Member

I'm loving this game, its really refreshing to have something actually worth playing!

I'm really surprised about the performance though. I've got a two year old A64 @ 2.2Ghz, 2GiB ram & x800xt... Its ticking over nicely @ 1650*1080, 2xaa everything else maxed... Granted it gets a bit slow during the later levels (mainly due to the additional effects), but still mid-late teens... (earlier missiosn are still pegged @ 30)

Props to EA for finally making a decent game. Lets hope we see a mission pack and a RA3!!! (and ffs don't EA it all up)

19. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Nice article, spotted your writing style a mile away Joe, but expertedly written as usual, nice one! Weird about the frame rate limit for nVidia cards, I know the game is locked at 30fps anyway for online games, most games are locked at something to keep the games fair, maybe they just accidently set it to 25fps for nVidia cards. Either way, I'm pretty sure a patch from either EALA or nVidia will fix it soon enough.

Oh and by the way, you mentioned the lack of map editor as a downer: correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I can remember the only C&C game that had a built in map editor was the original Red Alert. And whilst you could modify the game internally, it was more akin to hacking than proper modding, so it's hardly a break from tradition not to include editing tools with the game. Though of course I might be completely wrong on this, after all you have ultimately more pwnage skilz than me. And a Wii.

20. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Just finished the GDI campaign. Damn it was good.
    The mission where you had to defend the base with the defenses was hard, the tip is to capture the notheast base, it's not very well defended and has the best tib fields.

For once I was actually looking forward to some of the FMV, most of it was pretty good.

Tags: Add Tags