1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Company of Heroes - resolution problems

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hazza, 24 Jan 2009.

1. Hazza

Hazza What's a Dremel?

Hi all,
    Just got a copy of Company of Heroes and, after spending the entire afternoon patching it, it doesn't appear to want to change resolution. Whatever I set the options to, it always seems to use 1024x768 and it's driving me mad!

Does anyone know a way to force it into another resolution? Or if there's some other fix for this problem?

2. Matticus

Matticus ...

I assume by 4gb of ram, you are on vista 64.

Have you patched up to atleast 1.70? I think that is where the DX10 support comes in, so many you should try updating DX and also making sure you have the newest nvidia drivers.

There might be a config or user ini in your user area, where you can manually put in the res. Just have a look through in app data, you will need to show hidden folders for that though.

3. Hazza

Hazza What's a Dremel?

Yeah it's vista64. I think I'm patched upto 2.301 as the last patch that it made me download was EN_2300_2301. Looking through configuration.lua the resolution is 1680x1050, but that's definitely not what it's displaying.

4. Hazza

Hazza What's a Dremel?

Solved! Doesn't like dual monitor setup. Disable all monitors but one and it works :)

CORRECTION: No, it's still being a ******. Any ideas anybody? :miffed:

Last edited: 25 Jan 2009
  5. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

might sound obvious, but are you running the most up to date Nvidia ForceWare drivers? 181.20 are the latest, although CoH hasn;t been patched since last April so i'd be surprised if that was the issue.

6. Hazza

Hazza What's a Dremel?

Yea I updated the other night just in case, but no sucess :(
    I managed to change res once, but that's it, it seems stuck at 1024x768. I can't even set a lower res! Getting really narked by this now ...

7. run350gt

run350gt What's a Dremel?

I also just got COH yesterday. If you bought it off steam like I did, you can just use the launch options. Since I have a tv screen that displays nothing but 1680x1050, I use the steam options to force it to that resolution.

To get to launch options in steam, right click COH in the "My games" tab of steam, click Properties, go to "Set Launch options..." under the "General" tab, and just add this "-width 1680 -height 1050" to the input line. Just change the numbers to whatever resolution you need.

Hope that helps.