1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress (Completed) Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build [MOTM nominee] Thank You

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mybadomen, 6 Mar 2012.

1. mybadomen

mybadomen What's a Dremel?

"UPDATE"

Well hiya guys, I have an update but its not huge. I am now back to working on ME3 as well as another build but making ME3 the priority right now.

Here is the point the build was at before today as you can see i have been working on her a bit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is some work i did Today.

Mounted the 2 Plextor M3 Pro Series SSD Drives.

[​IMG]

Wrapped the Modded top front Panel with more 3M Di noc Carbon Fiber

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And also Painted another NZXT FZ-140 Fan Red and Modded the lower front panel and cut out some Mesh that will be painted to match the mesh on top and inside. (Front is still incomplete)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also did some boring wiring but didn't photo it as it was nothing special.

And thanks to My Sponsors involved in this Update:

Plextor for their PX-M3 Pro Series SSD Drives that are smoking fast Clean or Dirty !

[​IMG]

More Info Here : http://www.plextoramericas.com/index.php/ssd/px-m3-pro-series

NZXT For everything they Sponsored for this build:

[​IMG]

More Products from NZXT Here: http://www.nzxt.com/new/product_all.php

ATXPCREPAIR & MNPCTECH For huge help getting all the 3M Di-noc Carbon fiber needed for this build which is a total of 2 feet x 10 feet and is far from cheap stuff!

[​IMG]

More Info on ATXPCREPAIR Here:
    http://atxpctech.com/

[​IMG]

For all MNPCTECH's great products, guides,blobs look here : http://www.mnpctech.com/casemodstore.html

Sorry for the long wait but hope you guys like where its heading. Looks like its almost done but its all the tiny details that drive me crazy, But you should see allot more updates from here on out as i am all set up to work here now.

Take care and really hope you guys like it:

More to come soon so keep watching:

MybadOmen

2. mybadomen

More to come Soon !

Keep Watching.And thank you all for your Support through these builds.

MybadOmen

3. B.o.B

B.o.B What's a Dremel?

^.^ I've been waiting for this day. Welcome back and thank you for continuing with this beauty!

Your build has been a great source of inspiration and instruction for me and I've made a few tweaks to my own ME3 build as a result. While I'm currently working on another project, this update has me itching to get back to mine :)

4. mybadomen

Thanks Mate Glad you like it. Also i know the feeling as i am trying to Jugle 3 Mods myself at the moment and may be adding a fourth.

But highly appreciate the compliment.

MybadOmen

5. mybadomen

UPDATE!

Just another small update of getting a little more work done to the front of the Case. Looks a bit funny right now till the actual Theme is applied and the Window etc is Modded.

Ok Lets get started :

Here is the lower front Panel that i started Modding in the last update:

[​IMG]

Now to paint the Mesh i made earlier to match the top. First step because it is bare metal is to Prime it with an etching Primer:

[​IMG]

Next i paint the whole piece in Black Krylon "Fusion" Satin Black. I have completely switched to using Krylon when using rattle can pants now. The stuff is really amazing on Metal or Plastic and also has an Adhesion Promoter already in it.

[​IMG]

Next i mark it and tape of a 2 inch space that will be Painted white as part of the red and white stripe. (Usually this stripe would go on the side but i wanted to be original as this is my Version of Mass Effect 3 Build so i wanted it Centered) Also again using White Krylon Fusion.

[​IMG]

Totally forgot to take a Photo of the white panted and taping off the Red. but basically all i did was let the white dry and taped off a 1 inch stripe in the center to pain red and here is what it looks like drying with the tape off.

[​IMG]

Now i move on to the Heat gun and 3M Di-noc Carbon Fiber to wrap the lower panel that the Mesh will be sitting in:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And after a little heating and carefully getting all the edges its wrapped:

[​IMG]

and a Shot of it back on the ME3 build:

[​IMG]

More to Come Keep Watching

Take Care,

MybadOmen

Waynio likes this.
  6. Sn00k3r

Sn00k3r What's a Dremel?

i really like this Mod :rock:

Love the Detail-Work and the tidy setup..! Keep on going mate! :thumb:

7. SilveR_172

SilveR_172 Minimodder

Looks brilliant Omen ! It looks so clean inside and although i said about the Headunit from antec it actually flows well with the Res and fan controller !

well done

8. mybadomen

Thanks guys for all the compliments and advice and also support :)

SilveR_172 likes this.
  9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Fantastic modding mybadomen, man I really should check the case mods out more often. :D

stars & rep :)

10. mybadomen

UPDATE

First off don't miss the Great article Charley Bwoy wrote about Me and the Mass Effect Build. He did an incredible job.

Article is here: http://modderdiaries.blogspot.ca/2012/06/june-news-mass-effect-3-build.html

Again a small update it would seem but took many hours for this small update.

Took everything apart on Top and the Front of the Case to Carbon Fiber Di-noc the edges as the whole case will be Carbon Fiber and Flat black like the N7 armor in ME3

[​IMG]

Will just Post some Photos without explaining , Basically used a Heatgun and Dinoc:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tops Done , Now for the Front:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top and Front Di noc done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure what happened but the before Photos of the SSD harness didn't come out so unfortunately all i have is after Photos and its also dark out for the final Photos so bad lighting at the worse time but you guys are aware of what the build looks like with good light:

Custom wire harness for the 2 Plextor 128 gig M3 Pro Series SSD Drives

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Build is getting extremely Close to done so stay keep watching and pray the rain stays away for a bit so i can finish some wiring.

Random Photo's (at night with bad lighting) but figured id share them anyway:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lol Sorry for the last 2 Photos. I only have an iPhone to take Photos for my build logs and cant afford a real camera and parts to build so i do my best with what i have.

Keep watching, as now its time to make this thing look beautiful and finish it off.

Take Care and thank you for looking,

MybadOmen

11. krussellusaf

krussellusaf What's a Dremel?

That racing stripe looks great. I love how you incorporated that into the SATA cables as well.

12. mybadomen

UPDATE !

And another update already that fast. I told you they would be coming pretty steady now till completion and i am not going to cut corners to meet any deadlines. This build will be done and hopefully Beautiful when its completed.

That being Said lets get yo the Update:

This Update is me Modding the window .I decided to just leave leave 1 1/2 " of metal completly around the window so people can see all the work inside and i curved the edges. Lol wait till you see what i used for a tool to curve them.

First a couple Photo's with the window off :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now to Start Modding the NZXT Switch 810 Window:

Marking out where my cuts are going to be:

[​IMG]

Marking out the curved edges with my High Tech tools .

[​IMG]

Jig saw with Guide i will be using to cut out the window. (The Guide will help make nice straight lines until i get to the rounded edges. Its all skills from there )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just checking to see if it looks right . It does so we can move on. OH YA normally i would tape off around where i was cutting but this is getting Di noc wrap so i didn't bother. My saw does have plastic feet though so i used a scotchbrite after to smooth it out after.

[​IMG]

The Scraps

[​IMG]

These Photos are of ,me sanding the scratches and edges smooth and also a shot of some of the tools i used to get a really nice edge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mnpctech . Lol seems like this name comes up allot in my Threads . Well this time is because i am using the Mnpctech U-Channel Molding which is one of the best i have ever used or seen. The stuff is super thin and looks incredible. In my eye's at least.

Well this Molding was also sponsored by Bill and Mnpctech.com so as always i will give a link where you can get some yourself.

[​IMG]

Mnpctech U-Channel Molding here:
    http://www.mnpctech.com/UChannel.html

Ok now everything is all nice and even and smoothed out i finally move on to the Di-noc and U-Channel molding.

Will get better Photos of this tomorrow because my iPhone cant take pictures at night at all they come out terrible. Lol not to mention i ran it over yesterday so not only did i need a camera badly for my logs .I now also need to replace my iPhone 4 Glass which i do all the time for money so that's not an issue. Lol yeah but imagine, I ran over my own Phone with a GMC Jimmy and its perfect besides the glass.Thank god it happened in the grass i bet cement would be another story.

[​IMG]

Really sorry for this last Photo as you cant tell how nice it came out but i promise you will see soon enough.

Take Care and Keep Watching . This Build is almost over and then you guys can watch my next build that's already started ,Just not posted yet.

More Updates Soon

MybadOmen

As Promised i am back to add some better Photo's. Well a little better at least.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully that gives a little better idea of what it is starting to look like but still i cant get the colors as bright as they really are in real life. The chrome sparkles everywhere and goes perfect with the Carbon fiber and red and white. Best i can do for now but i did promise i would be back with some better Photos .

More Updates soon so keep watching

MybadOmen

Last edited: 4 Jul 2012
  13. mybadomen

Added Better Photo's to last Update!

14. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

that rig is a thing of beauty!

15. jotinha17

jotinha17 What's a Dremel?

no comments, this excellent ...

16. Sn00k3r

Sn00k3r What's a Dremel?

beautiful Work, love it..! :thumb:

17. Pinwmpires

Pinwmpires What's a Dremel?

Very nice build.. Good job mybadomen keep it up!

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Well deserved vote coming your way. :D

This is excellent. :rock:

19. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Very sexy build mybadomen! loving that you haven't gone overboard with the red, just enough to make it pop :D

20. Squigly

Squigly MODfiend.. ~twitch~

This has to be one of the tidiest builds I have seen in a while, you can really see the effort that has gone in!! love your work mate and congrats on the MOTM nomination!!!