1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete ⭐ [ COMPLETED ] The Time

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MPC, 5 Feb 2017.

1. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

Very interesting build. I like the design and craftsmanship.

2. MPC

MPC Minimodder

Thank you, Cleveland :)
    I can say that the planning of this mod was very long both to understand the system of gears to run the clock and draw to the drawing Cad software and then routes tools.

3. MPC

MPC Minimodder

The clock in all of his beauty.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. MPC

MPC Minimodder

The plexiglass has arrived and I start immediately with the first processing. Chamfering the edges of all the sheets of 45 ° to match them to perfection. It's a special plexiglass called Soft Fluo green. It has a fantastic effect with chrome parts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

MMM. I love big bevels on plexiglas.:D The metal parts earlier are fantastic.
    Check those part dimensions! If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the cutters at plexi shops drink too much. I got a batch that wasn't even square once.

6. MPC

MPC Minimodder

Thank you very much Cheapskate ;)

The cutter that I have used is advisable for the wood but before I have done some test and the angle of 45° is correct. The sheets fit together perfectly and this is very important because the sheets must be watertight. At a speed of 1200 rpm is easily milling them :)

7. MPC

MPC Minimodder

Hard and specific manifacturing. Realization in o-ring site in superior sheet of basin with cooling liquid and clock. It was a very accurate solution in order to allow also the maintenance of the clock. All was possible thanking my first love: Optimum milling machine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. MPC

MPC Minimodder

Milling of plexiglas sheets with pantograph cnc to create the ducts location on base top to split the liquid from basin to pumps, from pumps to radiators and, in fine, from radiators to hardware/waterblock. Liquid leak security system with o-ring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. MPC

MPC Minimodder

Superior sheet for o-ring compression. Ducts on emohasis.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. MPC

MPC Minimodder

Wooden cover of ducts system. In this way the system will be flat. Emptyings of bolts location is allowed by using of golden Cone Washer sponsor by Gosumodz. It will be the third visual contrast between golden and silver inox steel Cone Washer bolts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. MPC

MPC Minimodder

Two important details. Milling cnc sheet with project name to block naval handle located on the door and cnc sheet with start and reset pushbuttons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. MPC

MPC Minimodder

Entrance design I/O and power supply on plexiglass sheet that will being milling. In fine, polishing of aluminium and brass parts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Shaping up very nicely indeed :jawdrop:

14. MPC

MPC Minimodder

Thank you very much Gravity :)
    Soon I will share the photos for the first assembly of the structure and everything will be very clear because when progress has been on details.

15. MPC

MPC Minimodder

New material incoming : bay 5,25” , bay 2,5 “ ( SSD ), Panel I/O , slot video card and buttons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. kim

kim hardware addict

:wallbash: mamma mia...:D what a beautifull work, there is some serious machining over there, till now, all those gears and metal parts are just mind blowing, I am sure it will be a great mod and a rather impressive one too:jawdrop: and it shows Italian modders are not iddle...forza Italia

17. MPC

MPC Minimodder

Grazie mille !!!

It is an honor for me to receive these compliments. Surely this is a very special Mod and it is precisely for this reason that the design has taken a long time. I had to study the movements of the watches and then realize that bears my name.
    It is a great satisfaction to be able to do what I've always liked and see that like other people :)

18. MPC

MPC Minimodder

First assembly to see the momentary result.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Up to now I have felt that this project log has been three separate logs (clock, wood case, and turned and polished metal). Finally get to see how they all fit together. Very nice.

20. MPC

MPC Minimodder

Thank you, Dr. Coin :)

It is true, until now I had only shown pictures of the details of the project. Now you can see the structure where there will still work, even darkening the mahogany wood too for more contrast with the aluminum and chrome.
    Removing the plexiglass protective films will be even more fascinating. Very soon you will see it !