1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Computer Battle Scars

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DaHoboFest, 8 Jan 2005.

1. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

I think one of the nerdiest things ever is to get a computer scar or cut. Lol :hehe: When I built my comptuer i got a battle wound. :worried:. So I call it a computer cut.

2. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

lmao, yea, battle wounds. like that one guy who fell carrying his into work, then slid down the parking lot on his back, now thats a battle scar story. myself, sliced the end of my finger a bit when i was building my rig. learned to avoid that edge REAL quick...

3. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

Its easy to do on cheaper/older/less well made cases. I cut the **** out of my fingers just changing a power supply in an old AOpen case.

4. _lumpy_

_lumpy_ What's a Dremel?

Hmmm I've lost count of the noicks and cuts i got of cheapy cases. No matter how carefull you are one just appeas on our hands like magic. :D
    Maybee the sharp edges are a security function for lan parties as well lol stop the little buggers nicking your RAM

5. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

I've got a better security system...my computer is shite :p

6. TMM

TMM Modder

i was sanding down the inside of a case ready for painting and i somehow cut myself but didn't feel anything. there was spots of blood all inside the case :p

7. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

i still have bits of steel in my hands from working with a dremel, i got some shavings in my hands, and they havent come out, 2 months later

8. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Drive blanking plate wouldn't come out of a cheap case, and it snapped out and my hand slipped. 1/4 inch deep gash on my finger

9. darknecromancer

darknecromancer What's a Dremel?

i got one :), When my dad was letting be build his amd 64 bit computer, dont remember the specs, i strapped on this , which didn't have the cover. I took a break and left the computer running on the table and i started to talk to my dad. Not realizing it i put my hand down on the table, inside the computer case, and into the cpu fan. Needless to say at 5500rpms, adn with those blades, which let me tell you are sharp and strong, i took off the end of my thumb. I just put my hand down all i heard was 'shink' and an increadable pain shot up my arm. I ran over and put like a whole roll of paper towles on my thumb. After like 30 minutes of applying so much preasure to my thumb that my hand fell asleep, i remove them to find that it was like a 20 degree cut across my thumb that damn near took the whole end off. It was held on by a sliver of skin. I opted not to go to the hospital and after like a month i could use my hand again. Lesson of the story always watch of apendages :p

10. ev0lution

ev0lution What's a Dremel?

Ouch, thats gotta hurt. And every time I see the fan spinning round in my old rig I seem to have the humongous urge to put fingers in there. Anyway, my battle wounds consist of about 15 scars on the fingers and hands from el-cheap cases, and a wonky, bendy, s-shaped spine from too much sitting in front of computers LOL.

11. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

" I put my head in the fan and it got chopped off" lol :hehe:

12. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

...Something tells me you shouldn't be here to tell about it...

13. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

no i was making fun of him with his story of getting his finger half chopped off. :hehe:

14. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Yeah, did that too. Basically, it took the tip of my pinky, from the 3rd knuckle on off :doh:.

:lol:, I got one of those too. Had it since high-school, the doctors "offered" to ram titanium posts down my back and to screw them tight enough to hold my back straight..I decided I would deal with some constant back pain over that. However, my arms are 5 inches longer than my height. Kinda makes me look like a gorilla :hehe:

15. Nitro_APBT

Nitro_APBT SpiderModder

5 inches!?!?!?!

Jesus, that gives new meaning to positive ape index!

16. Gipo

Gipo What's a Dremel?

I sliced my finger open once installing a SLK800 on my mobo... :wallbash:

17. purepope

purepope Banned

this is kinda diff but when i was typing up a story for school i had my food on the back of this desk and there was a 2cm peice of metel rite under my foot and i was gonna get up and i somehow cut my fut 2cm gash blood everywhere it was quite funny!

18. dannyqball

dannyqball What's a Dremel?

I cut myself a few times, got metal shavings in my eyes (first mod) and burnt my finger with the solder gun but a friend of mine he did the ultimate.
    He was tossing down a few one night and decided to pry a chip out of his mb with a dagger (very sharp knife) he had the pc on his lap and he was sitting on his bed, he was pressing really hard and the dagger went through the mb, the case and into his knee, he stood up and the computer was stuck to him. He crawled up the stairs to seek help from his dad and he was in a brace for 4 months.
    Talk about having a bad day.

Never drink and mod with a dagger. lol

19. phantomxc

phantomxc What's a Dremel?

hahaha thats great.

I was wrestling my brother in the living room once and I had taken off the side of my computer and as we were wrestling i kicked the side of the case...after we were done i didn't notice anything. 30 minutes later i see this HUGE puddle of blood on the carpet. The case sliced open
    3 nice long cuts. I dont know how, and why i didn't feel it but i did notice that my leg was shaking when i finally noticed the blood lol. In the end my brother had to clean it up cause it was his fault lol :hip:

20. Giggz

Giggz Minimodder

it technician so im always inside pcs ill b lucky 2 go a day without cutting myself on the case