1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer mods in car - Exhaust fan in roof

Discussion in 'General' started by Constructacon, 4 Feb 2005.

1. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

I don't care if it's real or not, but that's the best fan I've ever seen

2. fuzzball172

fuzzball172 What's a Dremel?

Look at the left side of trunk of the car, reflection of the fan housing. The right side of the trunk has a relection of the white van

School busses, If I were the principal of the school I'd have had a janitor out there early on cleaning up the broken glass.

Other debris...
    Sheet metal by red car on left
    metal fragment by white pickup
    object in window of silver van
    brown object in front of blue mini-bus

Background... guy stood looking towards car/fan by open van

Guy walking, could he be calling friend on parking lot to come look at the fan? explains why he is looking away

Fan housing reflections, red/black on the distorted sides of the fan.

Missing speakers... if school is anything like our local schools, the speakers have been stolen. (if they were mounted in brackets - no need for holes)

Missing roof - two posibbilities a) soft top car... roof will be history or b) the roof was dragged into the car on impact.

news coverage... How many of the 1717 tornadoes reported in the US during 2004 made the news? an aircon unit on a building, ripped off during a small localised tornado, dropped debris on parking lot.

If it has been chopped, it's been well done, they took a lot of time and effort to make sure plenty of details looked good. If it was staged, then its still damned funny and if it were real... I hope the guy had insurance

3. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

The positioning of other derbis suggests to me that this was blown into this position, also notice the van to the right of the car, has the corner of the unit smashed into the window?

4. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

to my knowledge, i believe that car is an oldsmobile eighty eight, made between the years of 96 and 98. and if i remember correctly, they dont have locking gas doors. just some trivia, as some people had mentioned the open gas door.

im inclined to think that picture is real, seeing as the lighting conditions are the same on all the cars.

5. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Last edited: 8 Feb 2005
  6. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Who's to say what does and does not exist. In industrial applications you make equipment to whatever scale does the job.

i've seen excavators with buckets you can park a car inside, conveyor belts 14km long and an engine in a ship where a man can easily stand inside the cylinder bores.

Not knowing where this picture comes from I wouldn't even speculate as to the existance of the fan "in real life" based on the comparitive size to the car.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2005
  7. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

Why is everyone set het up about this?
    It's a conversation piece, nothing more.

--

though not for long...

8. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

To me it looks like some kind of ducting/shroud for an aircon unit? If it were roof mounted it could be blown off in high winds. There's loads of compressors here around the factory with units not too dissimilar to that.

9. Constructacon

It shows that we all have healthy minds and that we can validate or disprove something put before us based upon available evidence. We aren't all just mindless drones who take whatever is put before us on face value like some trolls who I've seen on other forums.

TBH I never thought this much discussion would be generated when I first posted this. It was only meant as a laugh (real or not) but I'm impressed the lengths that some of you have gone to to discover if this is real or fake.

10. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

I vote that it's real.

Where did you get the picture?

11. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

big *** fans

this is a real company, 2 1/2 hours south of where i live ... been past it a few times. do stuff for major industrial places, sporting venues, concert halls, etc ...

12. CySlyde

CySlyde What's a Dremel?

the damage on the rear quaterpanel is new.. notice how the paint has not chipped off or rusted, as it would if it had been washed or driven... it would be caused by the fact that the roof and rear quarter pannel in this car are all one unit, when teh roof and rear piller were crushed and presumably moved forwards by the incident the QP rippled to allow for the movement. I have seen this several times in head on to imoovable object crash studies. the rear of the car was never struck, but the momentum pushed the sheetmetal and it ripples. it also look at how the doors sit.. that is evident of how the quater pannel was pulled/pushed.

the red piece of carpet is a liner, it is an option you can buy after market for most vehicles (you can get them for the dash aswell) so it could be that it was placed there then the speaker rings were bolted on top of them.

13. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

I know, was just wondering why people seemed to be getting personal with it. nm.

14. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

hey guy...you ever notice the freaking SCHOOL in the background. schools do have rather large cooling units inside of them. from the looks of the angle of the drop, it was being moved with a crane or somesorts and a cable broke. it happened back when i was in high school but the only thing that got crushed was the stone monument with the schools name on it.

15. Constructacon

LOL. That would have been funny to see. Sounds like something you would expect to see in a Hollywood HighschoolComedyNerdy/UncoolGuyGet'sHotChickAtThePromMovie.

Go school spirit!

*EDIT*
    The pic was originally emailed to me by a friend. From the school busses and cars in the pic it's from the US somewhere. I doubt if there's any way for me to track where it came from.