1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Computer Won't Boot

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Restayvien, 24 Sep 2011.

1. Restayvien

Restayvien aka [ZiiP] Prometheus

To avoid having to type the whole thing up again I'll copy what I send to Scan:
    Any ideas? I just forked out £700 for this damn system and it's screwed already! And BF3 comes out tomorrow. :(

FYI:

Intel Core i5 2500K Unlocked, S1155
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P, Intel Z68
    8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
    1280MB EVGA GTX 570 HD Superclocked
    60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, 2.5" SATA 6 <---- Win 7 installed on this

2. JohnSheridan

JohnSheridan What's a Dremel?

Tried running it with just 1 stick of ram in then swapping them over to see if one is faulty?

If that still does not work then try removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard, wait a few seconds then pop back in again as that would do a factory reset of the bios.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yes, once the BIOS is rest, select "load optimized default"
    And set the SATA controller to AHCI mode (NOT IDE). And the the date and time.
    If the BIOS is not cleared, refer to the instruction manual on how to do it properly.

If you have a spare HDD, I would start using that. SSD's are picky, and I want to rule it out of the equation, until we are assured that the system runs fine. If it does, keep the HDD aside in the case of energy, and put the SSD in, re-install Windows, and see how it goes.

I suggest to install Windows 7 via a high speed USB memory key, so that you can be in about 7min, and not 25-30min via DVD disk. Once Win7 install is complete, make sure you get ALL the drivers: Motherboard, graphic card, sound card, etc... Then get Windows 7 SP1:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5842 (you want the windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe (903MB) setup file).

Once you have it, install. SP1 includes all the updates since Win7 was release, until SP1 was out, plus a bit more part of the SP1 package. This will save you a lot of time.
    Once done, and your computer restarted, now continue with the updates.

When the BIOS freezes, does it get unfrozen after real 10min?
    Make sure that your SSD/HDD is connected to the Intel controller, first port.

Just to accelerate the possibility in getting your problem solved, try Gigabyte forum: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/
    And post a service ticket.

If, no mater what you do you can't pass access the BIOS, properly (same problem as now), and different memory sticks don't work, then it could be that the motherboard is broken. (manufacture error... reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy sucks, but happens to even the best of brands). :(
    In such case, just image BF3 comes out following week :)

Last edited: 24 Sep 2011